Marriage - Sean Bean tv drama alert

I know Sean has many admirers both female and male so with anticipation I look forward to his coupling with Nicola Walker in the new 4 part tv drama , Marriage , starting at 9 o’clock on BBC tonight and tomorrow then next week.

4 Likes

He’s grown on us over time. That mini series where he was a prisoner for drink driving/causing death was good,as indeed are his Yorkshire Tea ads.

I went to London years ago to see him do Macbeth . Like a groupie I stood at the stage door for an autograph but he slipped away by another one .
Apart from his Sharpe role my favourite performance was him as Andy McNab in Bravo Two Zero

I will look out for this one .
I like Sean Bean this is a drawing I did of him when he played Mellors
( the yummy gamekeeper in Lady Chatterly )

9 Likes

Can’t believe you’d ever want to associate yourself with that filthy and disgusting novel.

I’ll not be watching him…he’s become a right plonker

1 Like

Sean was excellent as the troubled priest in ‘Broken’.

1 Like

IMO, Sean Bean is, probably, the world’s worst actor - he’s another Woodentop. As an “action hero” in “Sharpe”, he was just about acceptable, but, from there onwards, his “performances” have been increasingly unimpressive and frequently appalling.

I have been informed that his style of acting is “instinctive” and much-admired by fellow-professionals but, for me, SB has as much charisma as week-old tea-towel.

1 Like

Oh you’ve captured the likeness well ! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

That’s because you’re male :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

If he was good enough for Bernard Cornwell he was good enough for men who like SB’s style as you claim they do . Andy McNab said he was perfect to play him in Bravo
Two Zero and his acting in that although you call it instinctive it;s probably what Sean was good at doing i.e shouting and fighting, being an action hero.
In later years Jimmy McGovern chose him to be lead actor in his proclaimed dramas.
I’m not saying he has charisma in real life but he certainly has plenty of fans.

2 Likes

No, it’s because where some people see “instinctive” I see “amateur” … :wink:

1 Like

Nicely put. Out of interest, do you do that instinctively :wink::rofl::rofl:

This kind of rules out what you’re saying about him ? Why is he a plonker ?
)

·

[8 Aug]

@LenaRockerHall

1. Sean is an awesome actor and made me feel not only comfortable but also like I had a true acting partner in those bizarre scenes. It was us against the world and we were gonna tell that story.

Bet you wouldn’t mind his accumulated fortune from being an amateur ? :wink:
I wonder why producers/ directors and the like sought and still seek him out ? Remember that boat scene with Harrison Ford in Patriot Games ?

2 Likes

Harrison Ford is another Woodentop … :grinning:

1 Like

………:slight_smile:

I did like him in Sharpe, but his attitude in the article I posted just confuses me. He appears to be reluctant to have chaperones on sets where intimate scenes are filmed, because it reduces the spontaneity, and he doesn’t seem to be aware of helping women feel relaxed and safe. It prevents the “thrust” of acting, he says…now if that isn’t plonker talk, I don’t know what is!

1 Like

Amazing how these so called by you woodentops are chosen for the roles that instantly identify them . Mention HF to anyone and you’ll get the answer.
I do know people who have never watched Bladerunner tho , Maybe you’re one of them

1 Like

He’s a man’s man and will not like the dreaded MeToo movement watching his every move.

1 Like

Here’s a review of “Marriage” - it’s not entirely negative.