Marriage - Sean Bean tv drama alert

I won’t be watching for comments from you tho . even if you do like Nicola Walker . :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Nicola Walker is a woodentop. Same old style every single time.

“Bladerunner” is one of my favourite movies, where Harrison Ford, as Rick Deckard, plays a replicant (bioengineered humanoid) … Ford’s emotionless portrayal is particularly apt.

:+1:

I know that he had to kill Pris (Darryl Hannah) but what a waste - she was, after all, a Nexus-6 “basic pleasure model” … :heart_eyes:

Back to Bean, though:

It begins, as all great love stories do, with a married couple arguing over a jacket potato. Emma (Nicola Walker) and Ian (Sean Bean) continue to bicker on their flight back from Spain, then silently call a truce by slobbing out on the sofa with a takeaway. Not much happens in Stefan Golaszewski’s new four-part drama – but that’s the whole point, really. Post-holiday life resumes: a recently redundant Ian spends his day at the leisure centre and the supermarket, then their daughter brings her boyfriend over for tea. The plot may be deceptively simple, but it’s brilliantly acted and delicately captures the minutiae of everyday highs and lows, interactions and well-versed small talk.

Very positive … :exclamation:

I did like him in Essex Boys, thought he got the accent spot on

It might have been suggested but …* Screenwriter Hampton Fancher has said that he wrote the character as a human, but wanted the film to suggest the possibility that he may be a replicant. When asked, “Is Deckard a replicant?”, Fancher replied, "No.*

Best get back to topic ?

[quote=“Dextrous63, post:22, topic:93038”]. Same old style every single time.
[/quote]

If that is your definition of a ‘woodentop’, Dex, then the crown has to go to Judi Dench!

1 Like

Ridley Scott stated in several interviews that he considers Deckard to be a replicant.

Yer pays yer money and yer takes yer choices … :090:

Let’;s move on ?
Will you be watching Marriage?
I only managed 20 years with my first husband .

No, but I’ll be interested in your opinion … :023:

No - because I do not own a TV - but your opinion would help me to decide whether or not to invest in the DVD when it comes out. :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

I have seen previews of this series and to me, it looks like it will be twee and boring.

The clip of them sitting on the settee, watching tv and dipping into a bowl of snacks just didn’t ring true for me … l just didn’t buy it.
Maybe, if it had been different actors, l might have believed it?

Art it was meant to be like that …twee and boring…portraying how some marriages are.
It was …excrutiating to watch !
Why fine actors such as those two accepted the roles is beyond me .

3 Likes

Zuleika, Please pass the sick bucket!! Ha!

He was good in Game of Thrones .

It wasn’t him at fault ,it was the script!

I’ve heard the name. I didn’t know what he did. I am ignorant on such topics.

I think he’s a good runner.

1 Like

Woeful.:sweat_smile:

Too half-baked?

I gave up watching after about 20 minutes…such a shame as I’m a big Sean Bean fan…I think this role will be one he really regrets