Manage Your Gas & Electricity Price Increases?

IIRC I bought them from Toolstation. If not there then it was Screwfix.

When I replaced our security lights I also replaced the carriage light outside our front door to one with a PIR detector. This is set to come on for about 1min which is just long enough to get the key in the lock, step indoors and switch the hall lights on.

2 Likes

I had one of those, but when I changed the tungsten filament lamp to an LED it stopped working. I ended up forking out for a whole new LED set-up. I was not pleased.

1 Like

I made sure the one I bought was suitable for LED bulbs before I paid for it. No point buying it otherwise.

2 Likes

Talking about LED lamps; have you noticed the rise in dimmable types. I recently bought some SES 1watt clear lamps and all were dimmable. Who on earth would need to dim 1watt lamps? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes, I just bought two Solar and one Mains one from Costco. (The Mains one for an area where ther Sun don’t shine!)

Just about 100 pounds for the three…

They will replace 2 @ 400 W and one @ 300W.

I’ll be tracking them with flow charts, etc.

Charging is under way.

There’s so many neighbourhood cats, and other night animals, around here, that I wouldn’t be surprised if those expensive ones were on and off all night.

Don’t notice they’re on from the Front Bedroom!

1 Like

That’s my next purchase for the back garden to try and keep Mr or Mrs Fox out.

1 Like

Well I have just paid my last DD for the old flat at £56 (3 bedroom), and have been told that they have taken my first DD for the new flat (1 bedroom) at £136. What absolute nonsense!! Its disgusting how they can just pluck these figures out of thin air, I swear to goodness…I am furious! The point of downsizing is that its supposed to be cheaper! :icon_mad:

Yes. A spark once told me that the energy usage was still the same whether the light was full or dimmed but that doesn’t seem to apply any more: Do dimmer switches save energy? - TheGreenAge

1 Like

I’ve just started turning down the temperature on the washing machine, the powder still works well and fill the barrel right up and hardly use the tumble dryer anymore.

1 Like

I’ve been washing at 40c for the past 7yrs using Tesco’s own powder and not a single complain from Mrs LD. It’s barely warm at 40, so I’ll not be going lower to 30c.

Hi

Our Building Codes are very different to yours.

We have 4 inch insulating block with a 2 inch gap filled with insulation and then a 4 inch brick and mortar finish.

Siding is very uncommon here.

We do have more and more timber framed houses, but then they do have a 2 inch Gap, which is filled and then a 4inch brick on the outside.

We do not have termites here, but we do have moisture problems.

Where I live we have 700 year old buildings which have never been attacked by termites.

Yes we have a thing called woodworm, but easily treated.

Different Continents, different problems.

Shrewsbury is the home of Charles Darwin.

You are welcome to come here with your family for your next adventure.

I can easily go away for the time you are here and not bother you or your family.

The place is stunning and only 15 minutes away from Ironbridge, the birth of the Industrial Revolution and only 3 minutes away from the first Iron Framed building in the World.

This offer is freely made to any Non UK Visitors.

I am very proud of our Heritage.

UK visitors will have to pay, but not much.

Doing the washing up and cleaning after your stay will be fine.

1 Like

FWIW…
The washing mach uses 40C
We set most of the radiators off.
We take showers, not a bath.
All out lights are LED units.

I’m sure there are things I’ve missed.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with washing at 30°C if you use a suitable detergent. Tesco’s own brand can be used at 30°C according to their website.

1 Like

I can’t be faffed to browse around just to find a 30c detergent. Now if there was a genuine cold water product, I might try looking :eyes:

This is what V uses: https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/306503951

1 Like

The Sainsbury’s powder works well at 20c that’s what I’ve started to do, it fills up with cold water, my old machine used to have 2 water pipes one for hot and one cold.

That is a straight non bio washing product and I’ve always use a bio powder since I found the bio product cleans with a much shorter washing cycle compared to non bio.

putting the Sunday joint wrapped in foil in the garden compost now, should be done to a T by sunday

5 Likes

I haven’t connected my washing machine to the hot tap for many decades, always wash clothes in cold water.

1 Like