Love Songs that seem to hurt

I was of two minds where to post this? the Music thread always seems so fast and busy? I thought it might get lost with its impact. There are songs that impact us all in a special way - this one did it for me?

Kiss me like we’re gonna die by a newish ozzie singer called Megan Washington. A lady who grew up with a bad stutter until she found music. Hope you enjoy

1 Like

Sorry bret but it doesn’t do it for me, too much like a funeral dirge and I prefer music that uplifts rather than depresses… :wink:

I like this - she has a lovely voice. Music - for me, anyway - is a backdrop to whichever mood I’m in at the time, and this suits a chilled Sunday :smiley:

well barry there is music for all sorts and moods - that’s what it’s all about - we all have different moods!

I rather like this, but I think I’d like to hear it without all the echo and reverberation effects. It would make a great jazz/blues song without all that extra stuff. I love her voice though!

yep another way of sayin the samething - I’m just more of the soft old romantic I guess?

I think Jimmy was getting Unfrequented Love.

Bret My wife and I have been fans of Megan Washington for years. She is a very accomplished musician - keyboardist and has written some beautiful music. She’s also a lovely lady. JUst had a baby recently I hear.

Josephine was the love of my life at eighteen, until she went off with a six foot, twenty stone rugby player…:frowning: I went to sort him out, but three of his mates put paid to that little excursion. I tracked them down later one by one. I understand that two of them were able to walk again later in the year.

This song haunted me then, and still does…

good on ya keezy - yes all true - we have a current chat program over here in the west which ends with music and she came on one night all in white like a wedding dress and sang that song - magic it was

ya got me there spitty - always collected this dynamic lady - those songs take me back a few eras to other loves etc

a tough act to follow!

yes and some people say the heart is not the organ of love - well mine’s still achin after all these years!

hi warleyron that one never got to me - did it to you and how?

One of my very favorite singers ever - tragic death far too young - I can sit out with a beer and cigar and just let this lady envelope me for ever - if you haven’t heard her give her songs a try - you may not like all but I guess most. She puts her arms around! - again for me lost loves

Yes!..I have one of her CDs too …“LIve at Blues Alley” or something like that. She sings “Fields of Gold”…gorgeous. Sad loss :frowning: So are you in Perth?..I lived my teenage years there. :slight_smile:

from time to time - I like traveling these days in a campervan as long as I can cross borders! - but son and daughter still live in Perth and I used to know it like the back of my hand. Lived near to Scarborough beach at one point - lots of skin down there!

Most talented, bret and more impressive given her speech issues!