Love Songs that seem to hurt

Wow small world. I used to surf near “Scabs” as we used to call it. A few beaches south. Leighton and the cable station. Used to sail a bit out in Gage Roads. Just crew. Never had my own boat. I lived in Manning. In the Salter Point neighbourhood. Happy daze…:slight_smile: and surfnom i saw Sting in Sydney many years ago he sure is one hell of talent. Nice guy too.

yea knew most suburbs in the old Perth! - I would hunt for second hand LP’s so knew where most shops were - Freo was alway a favorite haunt of mine and the wife worked for Laurie Connell so we live in one of his mansions on the shoreline in Mosman Park - happy days for sure o until that twerp the younger Court screwed it all up!

Have you been to the really old Perth?..or should I say…“Pair-uth” in Scotland?..Beautiful town. It was quite weird being in a place called Perth and hearing people talking about “Going into Perth”…just like they did when I was a teenager. But it being a place that could not possibly be any different to the city I lived in. It was like being in some kind of weird parallel universe. but MOsman Park!..nice. I had s surfing mate that lived in Peppermint Grove. He was a regular guy but his parents were so up themselves they were lonely. Talk about entitled :shock: Sorry!..again, off topic. I’ll slap myself on the wrist right now…OW!..too hard…:cry:

yup did Butlins in old Perth once!

OK,Still annoyingly off topic I know but you got me…wassa Butlin??..

ps. I googled it…Holiday Package deal right?

yep NOT in Perth but outside of it in the 60’s Butlins holiday camo - the redcoats ??? no ??

I love Dry Your Eyes by The Streets it always gets to me.

Sorry I’m not good at posting music links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyHr-4SeILI there ya go summer tell us about it?

Just watched a great film never seen before - The Constant Gardener - book written by John Le Carre - Ralph Fiennes and Bill Nighy plus many I don’t know but recognize all british actors I think - lovely film but in the end a weepy one and sorta weepy music

the essential for always love hurts - the big man!

can hardly recognize them - did they change so much?

The remarkable Eve Cassidy again - Autumn Leaves

I still think this is one of the saddest songs ever written. I know it was banned from being played in hospitals at the time it came out. These words must go through the minds of many people.

fascinating history too!

https://www.songfacts.com/facts/terry-jacks/seasons-in-the-sun

never liked it myself I was a hard rock man!

wow spitty that must be banned in your house surely - or is there a connection with that and bikes of all sort? - you devil you!

Ok let’s get the big boys out now - this one always does it for me - you can take the boy out of ??? heh. Omg the tears are fallin already

Ok, if we are taliking Beatles songs then…