Looking For A Job At My Age After Long Absence

Appreciated LF. And the possible objectives. For for me it has been the same objective, electrical engineering, with the two directors but with different projects.

2 Likes

I think it will still go back to networking. My two go to websites had been indeed and linked in. I would also highly recommend if you know of specific hospitals or entities youā€™re interested in, go directly on their website, or try calling their HR.

Health field is a wonderful area. I think a qtr of my family is in it, excluding myself. Wonderful industry which my mom put food on the table working as a nurse.

Note: Indeed and linkedin are a little behind usually. If youā€™re okay with getting your resume out there, linkedin, open your profile for jobs and sometimes recruiters will contact you. Another note, I would say carefully identify yourself on anything posted such as first name, initial last name, and an email. Do not respond to all responses without checking out the validity of the recruiter. These days you have to do a little due diligence against pshishing attempts.

In case you did not have it already:

1. Search Jobs | Robert Half

2. Job Search Canada | Indeed

3. not sure on this, google linked in for Canada, might be different than US

1 Like

Same two directors? I unfortunately have lost count my number of bosses. Kudos for being in the same area longer!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, just the two of us. We did increase the numbers to about 60 including overseas operations. I digress - maybe Didiā€™s objectives are based on Canada.

1 Like

Correct I think sheā€™s in Canada.

1 Like

Yes, I am in Canada; Montreal to be exact

Several Canadians working in Houston. If youā€™re good with hurricanes now and thenā€¦ come on down :). Med center here is excellent.

1 Like

Yes, I know it well. And some of project works were not all the best. Same with Vancouver.

1 Like

I started working again at 56, after a long break. :grinning:

P. S. Hi to everyone, Iā€™m new

5 Likes

Hiya Rose2,
Welcome to the workforceā€¦no clocking off allowed! :wink: :+1:

3 Likes

Hi Rose2 :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Rose2ā€¦ :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you all, a pleasure to meet you.