Loki The Maltipoo

Hi all

As you all know we lost our Kodi only recently and we were devastated.

My house was dead and very quiet, deafeningly so after Kodi went to Heaven and he is very sadly missed.

We had said when anything happened to Kodi no more dogs but that has all changed and we have a new puppy to help heal our hearts.

No puppy could EVER replace our dear Kodi, and neither would we ever want to. He gave us 14 years of sheer joy with his quirky little ways and we loved him so much. Kodi was Kodi like all dogs he had his own unique personality and traits.

So Loki the Maltipoo is here to once again bring joy and love into our hearts and life .

I did think some may judge that kodi isn’t long gone but then I got to thinking I dont care if anyone does, we have brought another dog into our lives because we have so much love to give a new puppy and what matters is what we feel we needed to do.

We did talk about a rescue but we then decided we wanted to bring a new puppy home so here is how we have Loki.

We decided we liked the sound of Maltipoos and their personalities and amazingly we had a breeder right on our doorstep, literally 5 minutes from our house! I like to think Kodi brought him to us.

Kodi is home where once again I feel close to him, we brought his ashes home.

Loki is an absolute joy and we are besotted with him.

Simply adorable just like my Kodi and my other passed dog Snoopy.

Dogs enrich our lives with their loyalty, faithfulness and the happiness and joy that comes with them.

I hope you enjoy my pictures of our new fur boy.

13 Likes

Hi LQ :smiley: I am delighted to hear you have found a puppy so quickly.
Loki looks very sweet :icon_cool:.
My philosophy when losing a dog is to find another as fast as possible , a day without a dog in my life is a day wasted.
No dog can ever be replaced and why would we want to replace something unique ,each dog brings something different and special to our lives :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Lovely looking dog @LionQueen.
The time between losing one dog and gaining another is purely your business. I don’t think there is any hard and fast rule. You know when the time is right.
Loki is the Norse God of mischief I think. Is he mischievous? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Oh my word, and what a little cutie Loki looks too!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I see no problem at all in having another so soon - in fact in honesty it’s the better option as far as I’m concerned.
Thank you so much for sharing the gorgeous photo’s and your story.
May you all have long and happy lives together.

(And please, please don’t let my son or wife see this.)

3 Likes

Oooh - Queenie, Loki is beautiful - and he has truly landed on his paws with you - he will be loved to bits!

3 Likes

Oh @LionQueen he is so, so sweet, I would have liked him for myself :heart_eyes:

I foresee him being covered in love. :wink:

3 Likes

Oh yes, that’s the reason we named him Loki because he really is full of mischief hehe

3 Likes

He’s so gorgeous.

How are you getting on with the house training Bev?

3 Likes

Wow! LQ. What a looker! Was he off a chocolate box?
I am dead jealous!

3 Likes

Oh, what a joy, may you enjoy many happy years of companionship together. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

believe it or not Carol we have only had 2 accidents in the house, one tiny wee and one tiny pooh. We watch his every move and if he sleeps we take him in the garden immediately after waking and take him out regularly and he does whatever he needs to do every single time.

He sleeps in our bedroom in a crate and we have had not a single sleepless night, he loves his crate and he doesn’t soil it amazingly, I did read they don’t like to soil their sleeping quarters so as soon as he wakes if he whines we take him out. The earliest John got up with him was just after 5am which is excellent. This morning it was 6.40am!

I can’t believe we didn’t have any sleepless nights, when we brought Kodi home he screamed for a good few nights and in desperation we bought him a crate to bring in our room and he never made another muff, all he wanted was to be with us which is why we decided to do the same with Loki and it’s been a complete success.

xx

4 Likes

What a gorgeous boy Lion Queen, he looks full of mischief. A dog completes a family that’s for sure.

2 Likes

Whats a malti ?

1 Like

Maltese and Poodle Mix Cari

3 Likes

Never knew there was a Maltese, looks a cute fella.

3 Likes

@LionQueen That the way to do it and a method I have been using for over 50 years :icon_cool:.

3 Likes

Yes Meg, As I type this he is up here with me and he’s just gone in his open crate of his own accord. It’s their personal space. some people say crating is cruel but I don’t agree at all. If he didn’t like it he wouldn’t go in it of his own accord.

4 Likes

He’s so adorable LQ! Enjoy every moment with him!

3 Likes

He looks a real sweetie ,Id want to be cuddling him all the time .

2 Likes

yes it is very difficult to resist those cuddles lol.

1 Like