Logan1 has joined but lost somewhere

My liking of 60’s music is from elder siblings who of course played it when ever it was on, ready steady go, or something similar, I was born in 57.

2 Likes

In that case repect your seniors more…without rubbing it in…I feel 21 so there. :thinking: :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

@logan1 No idea about that one, unfortunately. I use a MacBook Pro laptop with a touch pad,
right and left clicks mean nothing to me on the touch pad, sorry but cannot help.
:slightly_frowning_face: :grinning:

2 Likes

maybe head for the somethings wrong with Mens thread…
So have you never owned a mouse…eeekkk eeekkk…
or a case for…‘further than nose’ syndrome…

2 Likes

Already been on that thread, see “nothing wrong with this one” post on there.

Yes, I do have a mouse but it’s on a 27" iMac that’s not used on the internet, it was a ‘work tool’ only before retirement.

? ‘further than nose syndrome’ – I have heard of many other syndromes but not that one.
Out of curiosity what is that one?
:thinking: :grinning:

When one cannot see the bigger picture…I find it just a joke phrase and meant as a joke of course…
So if you have used a mouse right clicks and left clicks are the navigator moves…just pulling your leg Baz…
can’t see further than your nose… is the complete phrase…

When we speak French here we lack the accents and tones of the dialect, often you feel that the native person will not try and see what we are saying…no lee way…found that a lot in Spain as well…have not travelled anywhere else but likely that is a regular thing with a different language…
I find a lot of patience and persevere when a foreigner speaks some in English however bad it seems…
sorry for spelling…the spell check still will not work for me…

.just found it in settings turned off for some odd reason…phew…

1 Like

Oh I see, a little short on words for me as I do know the full phrase ‘cannot see further than the end of your nose’.

French is something I just couldn’t get to grips with at school so that’s my excuse regarding anything to do with that language. It was always the gender rules that got me confused for some reason.

Spell checkers, in my opinion, should be turned off anyway as most need to go back to school. Such a pity that the default on most of them is always on as they drive me nuts!
:grinning:

1 Like

Yes Baz, but for people that have a kind of word blindness we need it…
Confidence flies out the window really fast when you can’t spell correctly and it has nothing to do with schooling…Most of my close family are the same…
Spanish is the same gender with everything, and I never did any languages at school well learnt some bad language only.
So I just amble my way through speech, with lots of hand and arm movements.

Yes, I do realise that as one of my close family is dyslexic. He reckons the computer was for him the best thing ever invented. He manages a responsible job, allocating people to do certain work and liaises with a big team while doing that. When I first knew him, in his late-teens, he was trying to learn to write, now though if he’s slightly out with what he is writing, in an e-mail for instance, the spell check proves invaluable and is a great leveller.

Only learnt bad language at school! ‘Norty, norty’ as my youngest granddaughter would say!

Lots of hand and arm movements, that would be worth seeing I bet, especially in an argument!
:grinning:

1 Like

Thank you I have done that with the Charlie video but the it still doesn’t load properly. I’ll try it again

1 Like

Just trying this out had to ask hubby I’m not good at this sort of thing.

2 Likes

Thank you caricature I’ve got it to work with the help from hubby.

3 Likes

They are useful for something then :slight_smile:

3 Likes

you could be cheeky, that is ok, but sometimes the need of something useful is worth the bowing down to them… :innocent:

3 Likes

Logan1 my friend, it might seem slow for you at 1st but stick with it and within the week your’ll be flying about. :woman_cartwheeling:

2 Likes

Yes they have their uses. :grinning:

Thank you Dianne, I’ve just found how to create a thread so I’m getting there, it’s a bit different from the others but I’ll get it soon.

2 Likes

Thank you Minx

1 Like

I forgot to say thank you to @Chillie6 for welcoming me on here.

1 Like