Logan1 has joined but lost somewhere

I must admit I struggled with the old, who knew us oldies would cope with the new.

You are only as old as you allow yourself to believe I reckon. A lot of what we do is habit, learned and used time after time. Change the habit and it’s no different to what we used to manage really. The terms ‘old’, ‘oldie’ and ‘elderly’ I refuse to acknowledge, as my family who are always taking the Mickey in that way have found out. I am just a person who has been around longer than most of them!
:grinning:

3 Likes

I really liked that expanation…I do follow that myself and life is so much better for it.

1 Like

:023: Age is nothing but a number, that’s another way of looking at it!

3 Likes

Thank you all, I know how to copy and paste and the URL but when you say right click is that for the mouse function?, I use my phone so would it be the same? Is it the same as any other forums?

1 Like

https://youtu.be/iH1pqRdS8jY

1 Like

Just trying my phone.

so on the phone, there is a little arrow pointing to the right, click on this and it asks to copy link, press this and it shows link copied ,open the forum reply box and above my keypad that shows theres a tag with the utube link just click that and it inserts.

3 Likes

3 Likes

The last two have been from my phone.

1 Like

Logan1 will be practising now with your good help…your’ll get your orange at Xmas after all… :laughing:

3 Likes

So fortunate to have lived the 60’s…

3 Likes

My liking of 60’s music is from elder siblings who of course played it when ever it was on, ready steady go, or something similar, I was born in 57.

2 Likes

In that case repect your seniors more…without rubbing it in…I feel 21 so there. :thinking: :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

@logan1 No idea about that one, unfortunately. I use a MacBook Pro laptop with a touch pad,
right and left clicks mean nothing to me on the touch pad, sorry but cannot help.
:slightly_frowning_face: :grinning:

2 Likes

maybe head for the somethings wrong with Mens thread…
So have you never owned a mouse…eeekkk eeekkk…
or a case for…‘further than nose’ syndrome…

2 Likes

Already been on that thread, see “nothing wrong with this one” post on there.

Yes, I do have a mouse but it’s on a 27" iMac that’s not used on the internet, it was a ‘work tool’ only before retirement.

? ‘further than nose syndrome’ – I have heard of many other syndromes but not that one.
Out of curiosity what is that one?
:thinking: :grinning:

When one cannot see the bigger picture…I find it just a joke phrase and meant as a joke of course…
So if you have used a mouse right clicks and left clicks are the navigator moves…just pulling your leg Baz…
can’t see further than your nose… is the complete phrase…

When we speak French here we lack the accents and tones of the dialect, often you feel that the native person will not try and see what we are saying…no lee way…found that a lot in Spain as well…have not travelled anywhere else but likely that is a regular thing with a different language…
I find a lot of patience and persevere when a foreigner speaks some in English however bad it seems…
sorry for spelling…the spell check still will not work for me…

.just found it in settings turned off for some odd reason…phew…

1 Like

Oh I see, a little short on words for me as I do know the full phrase ‘cannot see further than the end of your nose’.

French is something I just couldn’t get to grips with at school so that’s my excuse regarding anything to do with that language. It was always the gender rules that got me confused for some reason.

Spell checkers, in my opinion, should be turned off anyway as most need to go back to school. Such a pity that the default on most of them is always on as they drive me nuts!

1 Like