Logan Mwangi - Parents sentenced

Yes, I did think Cole was Mulligans natural father and having looked into it more closely, what a ruddy mess

So, Cole was in a relationship with Mulligan’s mother and brought him up since he was 9 months old?

Cole was also a ‘carer’ for Mulligan’s mother, who had made several suicide attempts

While living with Mulligan and his mother, Cole started a relationship with Angharad Williamson and they had a baby. So there is another child involved in this mess, Logan Mwangi had a younger stepbrother, whose parents were Cole and Williamson?

Mulligan was living with his mother, but taken into care because his mother assaulted him

And then he was sent to live with Cole and Williamson, Logan and the younger step sibling?

I dread to think what the situation was with Mulligan, his mother and Cole? Maybe it was a similar situation to that between Cole, Williamson and Logan?

We’ll never know, but his mother did try to kill herself and then assaulted her son, so it doesn’t sound healthy. Perhaps Mulligan’s hero worship of Cole was a survival technique?

It doesn’t mitigate the evil Mulligan did. Other children suffer and don’t become murderers

But I can see how his life has been pretty dreadful and how he’s got so messed up

Coles dubious relationship with his mother, (why was she suicidal?)

His own mother assaulting him (was she angry because Cole left her and fathered a child with another woman, or had Cole always manipulated her to be cruel to her son, as he did with Williamson and Logan?)

Being put in foster care, while the man he worshipped as a father lived with his own child, Logan and Williamson (bound to be resentment and jealousy)

It seems Logan was scapegoated. It often happens in dysfunctional families, maybe because of his race heritage, Cole was a member of far right organisations.And Mulligan May have joined in to suck up to Cole, knowing Cole wouldn’t have tolerated abuse if the youngest child, who was his own son

I don’t know if what’s wrong with Mulligan now could ever be put right or he could ever be trusted

But I can see where it came from and how he might have been damaged and I think they should use the time he’s in prison to try.

But be very, very careful before considering letting him out

2 Likes

Two very interesting posts from Boot & Maree, so thanks to both of you.
They took me back to the past where people married before they had children & stayed together, at least until the children grew up and moved away .
In many cases children who are killed, come from homes where the parents they live with are not both their biological parents and maybe this contributes to the number of children that are harmed or die before they grow up. Perhaps this is something the social workers should take into consideration when the children they are responsible for get too many injuries!

I am not suggesting that all step parents are likely to harm children, because many step parents are caring when the child is not their own, but I do know that the relationship between a step parent & child is hardly ever as strong as the bond between a child & a biological parent.

2 Likes

Remember the story of Baby P, under Haringey Council?

The eyes have the same look as one of James Bulger killers, Robert Thompson. imo

1 Like

But the Mother WAS the biological parent, wasn’t she, Twink?

Mulligan was removed from his mother when he was about 10 years old and sent to experienced foster parents who could not however cope with him . Eventually they asked for him to be removed as he was harming their other two foster children ( girls ) and tortured their dog ) They flagged up his violent tendencies with his social worker but were brushed off .

Here’s Mulligan being interviewed by the police:

It’s very strange how all this works . Someone I know who is from a loving and affluent family has two children At 18 the boy took up with a girl and got her pregnant he moved in with her family who were all non working and on the dole. His parents were upset and disappointed but supportive .
The girlfriend took a hatred of the boys family and refused to let their son to take the baby to see his parents .
Eventually they broke up the boy moved back into the family home and they had joint custody of the child . However the mother refused to allow him have the child in his home or allow the grandparents to be present ( in their own home ) so they went to court . The court awarded them the right to have the child in their house every other weekend and equally in holiday times .
Meanwhile the girl has another man and has become pregnant by him .
One weekend the boy went to pick up his son but his car had a flat tyre so his mother drove him to the ex girldfriends house but remained in her car .
When her son came out with the child they drove away but were the. chased by the new man and the ex girlfriend who seized the child verbally abused the grandmother saying she had no right to come to the house ,they took the child back and the grandmother a woman of impeccable character was REPORTED to the police and had to go to court .This she did the judge threw out the case out and said the grandparents have the right to have their grandson in their house without harassment .
Meanwhile the scenario looks bad . The child -a little boy - now has a de facto stepfather of a violent disposition ,ready to verbally attack a sixty year old woman in the public street . As you can imagine they are very worried indeed about the situation .

2 Likes

You are right Twink apparently the biggest danger to a small child is an adult male in the house WHO IS NOT ITS BIOLOGICAL FATHER .

1 Like

He wasn’t attending school due to lockdown they said so was a virtual prisoner at the mercy of the three evil perpetrators

It doesn’t bear thinking about .But the school already knew he was in trouble, his stammer had worsened and he was wetting himself .
How many red flags do you need ?
As for the social worker - how many normal children fall down the stairs and break their arms and burn their neck on a tap ?
These are classic abuse signals . I had three boisterous and adventurous little boys into all sorts of mischief . They did not however fall down the stairs and break their limbs or burn themselves on hot taps .
Didn’t the neighbours hear anything see anything or were all intimidated by the vicious pair ?

2 Likes

Yes she was & I think that most mothers would want save their child, but there will always be some who allow their second husband to control them and their children.
She had already stopped his real father from seeing him & that was the point of my post… social workers should always be more cautious when one of the parents is not the child’s parent !

There must be something seriously mentally wrong with the biological parent when they refuse to defend their child .
Most animals defend their young often against males of the same species to the extent of putting their own lives at risks . Ie Bears or big cats .
However some like male chimps - our near relatives - have no trouble murdering offspring which are not theirs.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear of this happening to a family you know @Muddy -
Unfortunately, the scenario you describe is all too common. Sometimes it is the result of one parent (or both parents) continuing their own personal feud with each other due to their own resentment or jealousy of their ex instead of putting the needs of their children first - but sometimes it is fuelled by the jealousy / insecurity or resentment of the new partner against his new partner’s ex and the biological parent of the child.
The extended families of the kids I fostered were so complex, with such a mixture of full siblings and step-siblings, sometimes living together, sometimes living apart, with a variety of current and former “step-parents” with all the conflicting loves / hates / jealousies of all these different relationships thrown into the mix - it’s no wonder that some of these kids have developmental issues with all this confusing inconsistency going on while their juvenile brains are still developing and patterning behaviours.

I think the family you know are wise to be concerned and to do all they can to maintain contact with the child and to insist on spending time with him away from the influence of the parent who is trying to restrict their access.
Apart from the natural wish to see their own child / grandchild, it becomes even more important when the behaviour of the Mum and her new partner are so controlling and aggressive - then it becomes vital to maintain contact with the child and spend time with the child in your own home to form a bond with them and make sure they are safe, happy and being well looked after.
Just seeing them for a fleeting visit as and when the Mother dictates is not sufficient.

My nephew went through a similar situation to the one you describe, after his wife moved out to live with another man with a rather unsavoury reputation.

My nephew and his parents had to go through the courts for them to be able to have proper access rights so he could see his baby son and the baby could spend time with him in the grandparents home.
The Mum and new man tried to stop him from seeing his son altogether by lying and claiming my nephew was violent and not to be trusted but he was determined to maintain his bond and contact with his son so he went through a period of supervised access at a childrens Centre while he and his parents applied to the Courts for permission to take his son to his parents home during his agreed times for access.
It took them a while to get it sorted out but eventually he got access to his son for the weekend every fortnight and one night during the week and for half the school holidays and they were able to stay over at the grandparents house.

2 Likes

Capital punishment is always wrong and for a variety of reasons one being it cuts short years of incarnation. Despite what many people believe Cat A to C prisons are far from being holiday camps with locks on some doors.

I do think step parents can be a problem.

Historically, there have always been stories of abuse and cruelty from step parents, think Cinderella and the Babes in the Wood, but there are so many more of them nowadays

I think people are probably genetically programmed to nurture and protect offspring of their own gene pool, at the expense of others. And resent the time a partner invests in a child that isn’t theirs

Plus the child is visible proof that their partner has had sex with someone else

I think the betrayal is the most terrible bit, though, when the child’s biological parent, who should be protecting them, let’s it happen or joins in to suck up to a new lover

I don’t care if prisons are a holiday camp or not .
People who like these two ( I won’t count the child ) who have committed heinous crimes have forfeited the right to life .
They should be euthanised.

As you said earlier, Muddy, if the family dog did it, people would expect, and even insist, it was destroyed.

The very least that must happen is they must all ( the teenager as well), be sterilised, better still, castration for the males, as they can never, ever, be trusted with another child. And apart from the trust side, how do we know if the brain condition may be hereditary, so castration is a must.
We don’t let unhealthy animals breed, so why humans!
Castration would be quite a good deterrent for others too, I would imagine.

Reading on here that a documentary was shown on television this week, l found it and watched it.
That cruel mother of his deserves an Oscar for her performance. Luckily, she was sussed out and went to prison.

I remember a video being shown, where she acted in an amateur ’Slasher’ video. In it, she acted as someone coming across a girl’s body whose throat had been slashed. How she screamed… Sick Sick.

Too many of these child murders, and we all know likely to happen again and again. Forced sterilization for all involved not going to happen.