Logan Mwangi - Parents sentenced

Sorry I can’t agree. The mother, step father & the teenager were all responsible, in fact the teenager said he wanted to hurt Logan.
A teenager with that attitude won’t change !
In the programme they mentioned that Logan could have been saved if medical help had been taken to hospital but, after they had tortured poor Logan , they were so interested in not not being punished that they killed him.
If a dog had killed this child it would have been put to sleep, so perhaps that would also be the best option for this evil family.

It costs the country at least £50K a year to keep murderers in prison… perhaps that money would be better spent employing more social workers & teaching them how to do the job more efficiently !

4 Likes

Exactly Muddy. He is clearly beyond help. A quote from the article I linked:

Mulligan’s counsel said he had been diagnosed with multiple neurodevelopmental disorders.

‘Neurodevelopmental disorders’ - in other words, what we would describe as someone being ‘wired wrong’. Or to put it more bluntly, he’s sick in the brain.

You can’t help someone who’s that brain damaged. You need to concentrate on helping those that may come into contact with him, because they’re the ones in danger.

2 Likes

I can’t watch or read anything other than the headlines and I won’t watch the programmes but obviously I am hearing and reading about it . Where were those who were supposed to be caring I.e teachers at school, didn’t neighbours hear things , walls are thin in these houses . Just questions that will never be answered. That social worker needs sacking , mind you he or she won’t ever forget that they didn’t do their job to protect will they .

Horrible . Poor little soul :heart:

2 Likes

I think it happened over quite a short period of time Susan. Not sure, but I did read the article, and the 14 year old (13 then) went to live with them just 5 days before Logan was murdered. The judge said he didn’t think it was a coincidence, or words to that effect. That teenager is a monster, and said he was going to kill the child. So reading between the lines, it looks as if he was the main perpetrator, torturing the child and assaulting him in that very short time frame.

2 Likes

Yes, that exactly what I meant earlier, Sheba. He is a wrong-un, with a brain defect. This will not be be remedied with counselling. I firmly believe people like this will always be a danger to others.
As for the comment about “He doesn’t need locking up, he needs help” Smiffy, he needs to be locked up to protect others - not himself!

I actually wondered if these things could be influenced by genetics too? Strange how his biological father is the same, don’t you think? Then the father getting hooked up with a mad woman as well, so all in all, that little boy didn’t stand a chance from Day 1.

3 Likes

Yes they must be wired wrong and parts of the brain dead to even think this is OK.

Slightly diverting and I don’t want to take thread off in wrong direction but I watched a documentary couple of years ago about how 2 killers were released after 20years in prison , they underwent brain scans, the scientist discovered the front part of the brain which recognises feelings and empathy were damaged , one had a cavity with fluid in it and the other had had a head injury when a young man , strangely the outcome seemed to be brain grew in different ways to normal empathic feeling humans .

Non the less , this mother who birthed this baby boy allowed this , and she is evil and non human , as for the step father, let’s see how big he is in prison , he and she will never sleep deep again

3 Likes

Wow, that is really interesting Susan, and confirms what most people think about these violent murderers.

My daughter teaches (she’s a TA) at a special school - and these days, because children with mild learning difficulties are supported so much better at mainstream schools, the ones who do end up in special schools are usually quite severely affected. Most of the kids at her school are severely autistic, but there are a few others who are just ‘wrong’, with no confirmed diagnosis. The stories she tells me, honestly it would scare the wits out of a lot of people. And what the heck happens to these disturbed kids when they leave school? There’s no real support out there for them, and I can’t help thinking (and I’d probably be vilified for saying this} that some of them really should be institutionalised, as they are a danger to others.

1 Like

No doubt he’ll be out with a change of identity .

3 Likes

There should be a special agency we have that deals with the execution of these murdering bastards.

1 Like

They get into trouble and end up in Broadmoor .

1 Like

They should be named and shamed , surely in this day of health and safety some kind of rule to that effect was broken, what kind of risk assessment was undertaken you have to ask ,the social worker is in a work environment and should be treated as per employment laws imo.

Sick bastards, they should never see the light of day

But the teenager is more problematic.

Is he genetically evil, psychopathic, inherited from his father

Or did he learn this sick behaviour by watching how his father behaved and copy through a twisted desire to want to please his dad?

Did he experience similar treatment himself from his father?

Or is this another example of uncontrolled jealousy? The father jealous of the child because he’s living proof that his woman has been with another man (I know there are good ones but I never quite trust stepfathers)

And the teenager jealous of a sibling who isn’t a blood relative and the mother who has taken his father’s attention

No excuses or mitigation of punishment Evil is evil

But I do think studying what happened is important to give guidance on the signs and situations to look out for to prevent it happening again

The teenager will get sent to a special closed unit for such young people. My brother used to teach in one.

That teen needs to be kept in mental facilities for life, he’s really is a serious danger to society forever, anyone who has thoughts like he has can never be trust around anyone especially children.

I personally don’t think he could ever be rehabilitated, the brain damage is probably irreparable

1 Like

From what his neighbours say about his actions and his constant abuse and threatening behaviour, I would say that he’s a psychopath and locking him up is the best course of action.

Absolutely Queenie, exactly what I was saying. But we all know what is likely to happen - he’ll be released, and go on to murder/torture someone else and then he’ll be locked up forever. As if there isn’t already enough evidence to show he’s a danger to society. It often feels as if the attitude is “let’s just see if they do it again”.

Have the powers that be learned nothing from this:-

2 Likes

It doesn’t say what type of neurodevelopmental disorders Mulligan has - some types are a result of a combination of factors, genetic, epigenetic and environmental, so it is possible for teenagers who have been damaged by their childhood experiences to improve behaviours and totally change the way they think when they have been removed from the damaging environment and / or the damaging influence that is controlling them.

In the case of Craig Mulligan, his brain may be too badly damaged to recover but it’s possible that being totally removed from the influence of John Cole and placed in a different environment, his behaviour may improve.

Some of the theories here appear to assume Cole and Mulligan were biologically related but I understood that Mulligan was the child of Cole’s previous partner and Cole acted as his Step-father - he was raised by Cole from the age of about 9 months and looked upon Cole as a father-figure, whom he hero-worshipped. Growing up with a wicked bully like Cole and attempting to emulate him and please him probably screwed up the kid from an early age.

In the past. I have fostered teenagers who have been “brain-washed” into wicked thoughts and behaviours by the influence of their home life with a controlling parent-figure - some of them can’t shake off that past learning which has shaped their brain development but some of them slowly recover when they are completely removed from the controlling influence.
I know a couple of kids who once worshipped an evil parent and tried to do anything to please them for years, even after their parent was jailed for abusing them. It took them until they were in their late twenties / early thirties to eventually escape their mental/emotional hold and begin to see how wicked the person who had controlled them and shaped their thoughts and behaviours really was.

The children I fostered had never done anything as heinously cruel as Craig Mulligan but they had done some pretty bad stuff as children.

Today’s abused or neglected child can become tomorrow’s abuser - it’s a vicious cycle that is so hard to break.

I wish both the Social Services and the extended families of these tragically abused child victims would take notice of the warning flags and act sooner.
Cole had made Williamson stop Logan’s biological father from seeing him - he had also banished Williamson’s Mother from visiting the house or seeing her daughter and grandchildren - these are all classic red flags that any biological parent, grandparent or responsible person should be worried by and report and keep trying to get to see their child - and the Social Workers need to heed al these red flags too - the same warning signs keep cropping up in case after case of abused children who have died or been seriously injured as a result of a coercive controller getting everyone in the house-hold to join in the abuse and keeping anyone who can’t be controlled from having any access to the child.
Don’t these Social Workers ever learn from previous cases - I know they have a difficult job to do but in every case that has ended in death in recent years, you can pinpoint certain stages where information / warning signs have been ignored and bad decisions have been made.

5 Likes

Excellent post Boot. Thank you for your knowledge and insight.

Yes, I did think Cole was Mulligans natural father and having looked into it more closely, what a ruddy mess

So, Cole was in a relationship with Mulligan’s mother and brought him up since he was 9 months old?

Cole was also a ‘carer’ for Mulligan’s mother, who had made several suicide attempts

While living with Mulligan and his mother, Cole started a relationship with Angharad Williamson and they had a baby. So there is another child involved in this mess, Logan Mwangi had a younger stepbrother, whose parents were Cole and Williamson?

Mulligan was living with his mother, but taken into care because his mother assaulted him

And then he was sent to live with Cole and Williamson, Logan and the younger step sibling?

I dread to think what the situation was with Mulligan, his mother and Cole? Maybe it was a similar situation to that between Cole, Williamson and Logan?

We’ll never know, but his mother did try to kill herself and then assaulted her son, so it doesn’t sound healthy. Perhaps Mulligan’s hero worship of Cole was a survival technique?

It doesn’t mitigate the evil Mulligan did. Other children suffer and don’t become murderers

But I can see how his life has been pretty dreadful and how he’s got so messed up

Coles dubious relationship with his mother, (why was she suicidal?)

His own mother assaulting him (was she angry because Cole left her and fathered a child with another woman, or had Cole always manipulated her to be cruel to her son, as he did with Williamson and Logan?)

Being put in foster care, while the man he worshipped as a father lived with his own child, Logan and Williamson (bound to be resentment and jealousy)

It seems Logan was scapegoated. It often happens in dysfunctional families, maybe because of his race heritage, Cole was a member of far right organisations.And Mulligan May have joined in to suck up to Cole, knowing Cole wouldn’t have tolerated abuse if the youngest child, who was his own son

I don’t know if what’s wrong with Mulligan now could ever be put right or he could ever be trusted

But I can see where it came from and how he might have been damaged and I think they should use the time he’s in prison to try.

But be very, very careful before considering letting him out

2 Likes

Two very interesting posts from Boot & Maree, so thanks to both of you.
They took me back to the past where people married before they had children & stayed together, at least until the children grew up and moved away .
In many cases children who are killed, come from homes where the parents they live with are not both their biological parents and maybe this contributes to the number of children that are harmed or die before they grow up. Perhaps this is something the social workers should take into consideration when the children they are responsible for get too many injuries!

I am not suggesting that all step parents are likely to harm children, because many step parents are caring when the child is not their own, but I do know that the relationship between a step parent & child is hardly ever as strong as the bond between a child & a biological parent.

2 Likes