Leisurely Scribbles (Part 2)

Spitfire found in peatbog slowly being pieced back together

• ah I wondered where he had got to - they are still looking for his sur on I hear?
1 Like

Have a wee peek, Gumbud and see if heā€™s scooting about in the dust round your way, would ya! Iā€™m sure he is off on his hols somewhere hot & sunnyā€¦!

yes thatā€™s a thought heh - might have said cheerio though?? still letā€™s hope he comes back refreshed and has got all those nude pics out of his mind??

Heh bye the bye Pixie notice Dianne Woollie hasnā€™t been around for a while she ok??

1 Like

I have no idea Gumbudā€¦some folks just recede into the background quietly and either return or not :frowning_face: Thereā€™s been few recently. I blame the weather :smiley:

she did say she was bowing out on another thread but the way she said it didnā€™t sound too good and she was such a prolific poster once?

1 Like

Well its kindof difficult running a regular life alongside forum life sometimes, gumbudā€¦one overtakes the other on occasion. Sheā€™ll be back when sheā€™s ready :thinking:

yea I suppose ya right - just didnā€™t sound like her normally chirpy self - and thatā€™s the last Iā€™ll say about it !

Sheā€™s likely whizzing around on the back of Spittyā€™s suā€™ron yelling out choice french phrases! :joy:

now that is a lovely picture you paint there dianne clutching Spittie by his bosom and shouting faster faster slide like pasta?? Not sure if spittie could cope with that sort of adoration? not sure if those sur ons can take a passenger at all either strength wise or horse power wise - talking about horse power I do like the way that some of your prisoners over there are re- vitalizing the old railways systems - that beecham guy was a throughly kill joy - taking all the pleasure out of english country life, All those off the beaten track places that used to be accessible by rail. Look at that fellow tarrant garrant on those crazy rail journeys all over the world - they are still functioning and creaking and crawling - the brits built too much and then disposed of too much - ya gotta have a sense of history. building new towns and cities is one thing but knockin down the old is not on - sur on eh??

an ode to the original leisurely scribbles

To Everything There Is a Season

1To everything there is a season,

and a time for every purpose under heaven:

2a time to be born and a time to die,

a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3a time to kill and a time to heal,

a time to break down and a time to build,

4a time to weep and a time to laugh,

a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5a time to cast away stones and a time to gather stones together,

a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,

6a time to search and a time to count as lost,

a time to keep and a time to discard,

7a time to tear and a time to mend,

a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8a time to love and a time to hate,

a time for war and a time for peace.

best film I have seen in many ages - wonderful country life in Ireland - Meryl Streep does a good accent too!!

well there ya goin I was only tinkin the other day where have we arrived at all these eons ago from grunting men and women in caves [ and did the men grunt louder than the women?] to whizzing around in cars and planes and boats with our telecommunications tucked into our jackets - oh yea we are thinkin quicker ;talkin quicker no doubt ; answering back quicker - building taller and taller into the sky remember that other temple in the sky that got knocked down?

still fighting of course at the slightest provokation and sometimes not being very generous to our ā€œneighboursā€ so I ask ā€œā€ are we really any smarter" ??

Why is it that I seem to have less spare time in retirement than I ever did when gainfully employed and bringing up kids at the same time?

Real life keeps just keeps getting in the way of the online world.

nah nah nah - - its the angle of the cube thats makes the difference. from the day ya wuz born to now you have the same 24 hrs unless ya donā€™t believe in time at all and there are some interesting hypothesis that would agree with that last sentence?

however when you were much younger and agile etc etc you moved faster ; packed more into ā€˜timeā€™ now ya dawdle I would guess just relax and while the time away - and there ya have it - time is whilin away and ya feel ya loosin it - and ergo now Iā€™ve got no time for anything - E2/10 to the power of 50! thattā€™s where ya time is goin!

1 Like

but a little more seriously there are many discussions about time abounding - one I came across was that the past and present and future are all connected together - thats were time travel comes in heh - we think we are always in the present but what happens when we sleep where do we really go to did everything get held in suspension for a few hrs until we become conscious again because we were infact in a state of unconsciousness werenā€™t we and if you dream at all were you actually moving around in your past present or future? the mind boggles heh as the juggler said to the creature from out of space? but imagine for a second or two or three - the future is in fact only a second away or lets stretch your imagine a bit an hour away - because what will be happening in one hr or 30 mins or 30 secs away is future but heh presto it reaches us pretty quickly really - every second ticking away in the future arrives to us in the blink of a second - so you could say the future is always there just on the sidelines. Same with the past one minute in the present next hr or so gone whatever happened in the present minute has become a past minute and is no longer in the present or is it? god Iā€™m exhausted all the cross country time travel is exhausting!!

Time is actually an easy concept to understand really. Itā€™s made in Greenwich and then given out for free, a little bit ā€¦ at a time ā€¦ in two directions. If you are East of Greenwich then you get your time earlier than anyone else. The greater the Easting the earlier you get your time because the person to the West of you will have given you your time before they receive theirs, and so on.
If you are West of Greenwich then you get your time later. The greater the Westing then the longer it takes to receive your time. Sā€™obvious innit?

The biggest problem is that nobody has yet found a way of hanging on to it. No matter what you do, it just dribbles away down the gert big plughole of life at a rate of 42.
This means all the time that has been added up when travelling East from Greenwich gets swallowed up by the negative time when travelling West as it collides at the international date line and disappears up its own Coriolis.

I hope this clears things up for everyone.

1 Like
1 Like

Mr Pugbear said Robin we have been walking in this forest for hrs and I feel rather very tired - I need to sit down and rest a while - of course said Pug now where did that Mr RJ get too and Mr Spits we must try and keep this merry band of men together - and once more we have lost the ā€œjemā€ of our merry band perhaps who is hunting 'round for precious stones again I heard some of them can shine in the dark? has someone asked the ā€˜ladiesā€™ to start cookin the evening meal? Oh my says Robin I feel like we are time travellers but I still am not sure if we are now into the future or going back to the past ? - how can we know that mr Pug ? Ah says Mr Pug what a very backwards and forwards question that is to be sure as Robin could be heard snoring against a tree!!

omg where is spittie this is ghastly said poo bear havenā€™t seen him in ages!! who do you think this could be - I canā€™t bear it!

just been chatting to Jem, who has decided to have a break and do some touring and see some places he always wanted to see but never did. So I do think it behoves ā€˜usā€™ who ever ā€˜usā€™ are to perhaps keep the old ship sailing into a slight breeze for a while. Having said that I do realize that there is no one who seems to be able to go digging for the invaluable quirky stories that Jem managed to find, dig up ; polish up and finally present to us weary travellers. so heave ho! who ever is left on the marie celeste and dance us a jig or two?

1 Like