Leisurely Scribbles (Part 2)

someone came up to me the other day on here and asked me can you show me the way to lesleys nibbles : I said "i beg your pardon madame we don’t allow that sorta cahootin to go on around ear ear! oe dear she said well was it “pleasure and quibbles”? look dear I said just sit down for a mo and pull yaself together - that’s when she hit me?? oh well we can’t help all those that wanna dribble at a leisurely?

1 Like

Well so much for me horse “Jumping Cats”, it finished 8th from 9 runners, he drifted out in the betting from 5/1 to 25/1, when I saw that I thought one of his legs fell off on the way to the start, as Jack Benny used to say “I’m a generous man, I give a lot of money to sick animals, pity I didn’t know they were sick when I backed them”

I see a black barrister wants to do away with the stupid wigs they wear in the courts, fair play to him, they really do make those wearing them look like loo la’s, I could never understand why they continued with this really comical tradition.
They still use wigs over here too along with the black gown, personally I think it’s a form of intimidation “Look at me!, I’m the law, impartial, infallible in court, and look, even my hair lasts forever!”

Maybe those in the legal profession should have a vote on it, the results would be interesting, my bet is most in favour of keeping the wigs would be all the baldy briefs.

“Louis XIV of France started the trend of men wearing wigs in the 17th century to hide his balding scalp”

And here’s the man himself, ain’t he just beautiful?, in those days the curtains doubled as a huge cloak, his red and grey high heels with knee gathers, just look at them silk stockinged legs, eat yer heart out Foxy. :wink:

1 Like

now there’s a man who knew how to get into his knickers heh? problem was underneath all of that stuff they were all quite smelly I understand - didn’t bathe in months? a gang of powder puffs?

sorry to hear you didn’t get a win on the gee gees Jem but if you will try to take advantage of poor dumb animals who’s only vice in life is goin around killin all the bird wild life then what do you expect? jumpin cats indeed - they are only very short distant runners remember?

well the top end as we call it is wet wet and full on monsoons - we need the rain and water but when some of the major highways and often the only highways from one community to another get blocked then we have a problem. they are currently rebuilding railway lines up here in the top end and clearing roads cos we’ve got no groceries!! road houses which are the heart valves of the north are still alive but no one is passing through ; so pubs with no beers and cornflakes for breakie!! but the aussies are a hardy bunch so with a rifle and a dog will always be able to jump a few joeys or three! then it’s slices for breakie and the tail for lunch!

1 Like

In days of yore, long wigs they wore
To keep their egos contented
Real hair was used, into wool it was fused
Now they are light, breathable, and vented. (or so I’m told)

The Human Hair Dress.

“Anyone who wants to be wrapped up in human hair may want to try Vietnamese designer Kim Do’s hair dress. It is made from 1 million meters of human hair gathered from 54 different people across Vietnam. Imagine each individual hair put end on end to form a massive piece of material that long! The hair was first dyed and then sewn together to make the dress. The dragon on the front is made from strands of long brown hair.”
Source: Recycle Nation.
Maybe you could have a pair of hairy camouflage shorts make up Gummy, you’ve been to Vietnam haven’t you? :wink: :smiley:

hair-dress

A friend of mine recently bought an expensive new hairpiece that was made from recycled human hair, it was also ‘breathable’.

When he wore it for the first time in the local last week it looked great on him, very natural, worth every penny we assured him, he was thrilled with the reception he got.

Then he came in late last night with what looked like a withered squirrel torso on his head, what happened we all gasped!

“Well the wife found it lying on the bed the other night and decided to put it safely away in a clean plastic bag, she didn’t realise it was breathable so she accidentally suffocated it.”

I really felt sorry for the poor fella, so beware folks, keep all yer breathable stuff away from plastic bags, they don’t tell you that on the packaging. :wink: :smiley:

Spitfire found in peatbog slowly being pieced back together

• ah I wondered where he had got to - they are still looking for his sur on I hear?
1 Like

Have a wee peek, Gumbud and see if he’s scooting about in the dust round your way, would ya! I’m sure he is off on his hols somewhere hot & sunny…!

yes that’s a thought heh - might have said cheerio though?? still let’s hope he comes back refreshed and has got all those nude pics out of his mind??

Heh bye the bye Pixie notice Dianne Woollie hasn’t been around for a while she ok??

1 Like

I have no idea Gumbud…some folks just recede into the background quietly and either return or not :frowning_face: There’s been few recently. I blame the weather :smiley:

she did say she was bowing out on another thread but the way she said it didn’t sound too good and she was such a prolific poster once?

1 Like

Well its kindof difficult running a regular life alongside forum life sometimes, gumbud…one overtakes the other on occasion. She’ll be back when she’s ready :thinking:

yea I suppose ya right - just didn’t sound like her normally chirpy self - and that’s the last I’ll say about it !

She’s likely whizzing around on the back of Spitty’s su’ron yelling out choice french phrases! :joy:

now that is a lovely picture you paint there dianne clutching Spittie by his bosom and shouting faster faster slide like pasta?? Not sure if spittie could cope with that sort of adoration? not sure if those sur ons can take a passenger at all either strength wise or horse power wise - talking about horse power I do like the way that some of your prisoners over there are re- vitalizing the old railways systems - that beecham guy was a throughly kill joy - taking all the pleasure out of english country life, All those off the beaten track places that used to be accessible by rail. Look at that fellow tarrant garrant on those crazy rail journeys all over the world - they are still functioning and creaking and crawling - the brits built too much and then disposed of too much - ya gotta have a sense of history. building new towns and cities is one thing but knockin down the old is not on - sur on eh??

an ode to the original leisurely scribbles

To Everything There Is a Season

1To everything there is a season,

and a time for every purpose under heaven:

2a time to be born and a time to die,

a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3a time to kill and a time to heal,

a time to break down and a time to build,

4a time to weep and a time to laugh,

a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5a time to cast away stones and a time to gather stones together,

a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,

6a time to search and a time to count as lost,

a time to keep and a time to discard,

7a time to tear and a time to mend,

a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8a time to love and a time to hate,

a time for war and a time for peace.

best film I have seen in many ages - wonderful country life in Ireland - Meryl Streep does a good accent too!!

well there ya goin I was only tinkin the other day where have we arrived at all these eons ago from grunting men and women in caves [ and did the men grunt louder than the women?] to whizzing around in cars and planes and boats with our telecommunications tucked into our jackets - oh yea we are thinkin quicker ;talkin quicker no doubt ; answering back quicker - building taller and taller into the sky remember that other temple in the sky that got knocked down?

still fighting of course at the slightest provokation and sometimes not being very generous to our “neighbours” so I ask “” are we really any smarter" ??

Why is it that I seem to have less spare time in retirement than I ever did when gainfully employed and bringing up kids at the same time?

Real life keeps just keeps getting in the way of the online world.

nah nah nah - - its the angle of the cube thats makes the difference. from the day ya wuz born to now you have the same 24 hrs unless ya don’t believe in time at all and there are some interesting hypothesis that would agree with that last sentence?

however when you were much younger and agile etc etc you moved faster ; packed more into ‘time’ now ya dawdle I would guess just relax and while the time away - and there ya have it - time is whilin away and ya feel ya loosin it - and ergo now I’ve got no time for anything - E2/10 to the power of 50! thatt’s where ya time is goin!

1 Like

but a little more seriously there are many discussions about time abounding - one I came across was that the past and present and future are all connected together - thats were time travel comes in heh - we think we are always in the present but what happens when we sleep where do we really go to did everything get held in suspension for a few hrs until we become conscious again because we were infact in a state of unconsciousness weren’t we and if you dream at all were you actually moving around in your past present or future? the mind boggles heh as the juggler said to the creature from out of space? but imagine for a second or two or three - the future is in fact only a second away or lets stretch your imagine a bit an hour away - because what will be happening in one hr or 30 mins or 30 secs away is future but heh presto it reaches us pretty quickly really - every second ticking away in the future arrives to us in the blink of a second - so you could say the future is always there just on the sidelines. Same with the past one minute in the present next hr or so gone whatever happened in the present minute has become a past minute and is no longer in the present or is it? god I’m exhausted all the cross country time travel is exhausting!!