Leisurely Scribbles (Part 2)

Hello, one in one out apparently :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

some may not remember the beginnings of all of this topic - goes back many moons. But I often imagined Jem as the ships captain on a vessel in a perpetual storms - he just hung onto that wheel come hell or high waters. there were poems and statements and theories and theorems coming from all angles you could almost see the steam rising. We had people called Pug and RJ and Spitfire, myself, Jem and from time to time people would drop by but not stay too long and there was a couple of young ladies whos name escape me know. So there was a real jamboree and a right old barbecue. Steam risin and curses cursin! but all in good humor. Some have passed on we hear and we rise our caps to those if yuz ever have time to go back to leisurely scribbles part 1-5 ya may get an inclin of what I;m sayin - yes fruitcake you dropped in occasionally in those times too and good to see ya now.

Yep Gummy you have to separate to assimilate :crazy_face:

i’m back to talk ta ya.

1 Like

Ay donkeyman this was a very special club here in the old days and you of course would have fitted in marvellously so maybe it might just kick start itself again - after all you have replaced one of the absentees so keep em comin and lets see if magic can strike the same place twice - after all we may also here that occasional spit spit spit of a fire comin from somewhere??

and remember these are the rules, and they were seldomly broken!:

Continuing the discussion from Leisurely Scribbles (part 5) (Part 1) - #16757 by Jem .

1 Like

Yep, see gummy, I ain’t doin numbers anymore, I will let them do me. :crazy_face:

1 Like

well if ya talkin A$ numbers i can take as many as ya can spare wot with all that insurance money comin back and sales of the S etc? - who knows ya may be able to pick up a brand new pneumatic drill - god spittie on that drill in those days what a sight and what a hum and he was shakin all over

incidentally folks there are some lovely reditions of those words in song on U tube from the musical brownstone is it? - very sad too - even Jem can handle these Utube reditions now but “he’s not around much anymore either”

@gumbud, Ain’t that a song too gummy ?
I seem to remember summat like “Don’t get around much anymore” being
played on the steam radio in me yoof ??
Welcome back Spitty, hope your ok ? :+1::+1:

Good to see you back as well, Spitty! :grinning:

Well l just been out for a walk, but me back was hurtin, so l took a short cut
and came home early, but l didn’t go in me house straight away, l sat in me back garden and mused about the the state of the housing in this short cut l took, and why should people be willing to live in such unsuitable properties when others have so much more ! It put me in mind of battery chickens, with just enough room to roost ??Except the chickens got a better deal ?lt seems the people
living in these bondookies were not exactly poor, judging by the numbers of
Iate model cars parked in these narrow streets, So what induces people to
tolerate such microscopic habitations when there is no need
Praps l should stick to the beaten track in future as l don’t muse like this
when l walk in the country park ! :worried::worried::worried:

1 Like

Why, hello Spitty! :wave: I’ll put the kettle on :smiley:

Evening Pixie, I’m not short and stout but I’ve a spout :icon_wink:

1 Like

I’m saying nowt, but I’m delighted to see you back :hugs:

I see that wee Jem is resting up…bless him, Hi Jem if you are reading this :wave:

Hello Mags, maybe Jem and I are one and the same :icon_wink:

1 Like

Well I have wondered at times Spitty, you haven’t got an Irish accent by any chance have you? :grinning:

oh I do hope not I was hoping things were gonna get better?

Just when you think things can’t get any worse hey gummy. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

you’re like an old worn out blanket - recognizable and comfortable - I was looking at some back copies of LS the other day - something not to be advised if you were there at the time - what a gang of five - fireworks everyday - and the odd one or two servin wenches too! - glad that pixieknuckles has stepped up to the mark!!!