Laurence Fox…who’d want to s*** that?

What a three ring circus this has been :face_vomiting:

Laurence Fox on GBNews behaving like a spotty adolescent and the most serious thing he’s got to say on a woman’s opinion is how shaggable she is :nauseated_face:

And Dan Wootton sniggering along like the classic teenage boy sidekick

My first thought was that with his ratty face and winning personality, it’s sweet he thinks he might be in with a chance.

A bit out of your league there, Larry :rofl:

But I suppose that’s mysogynist men everywhere, they think they’re doing women a favour with their often rather feeble and overrated shagging and think women should be grateful :woman_shrugging:

I’m glad they’ve both been suspended, hope they get sacked

But it’s just a publicity stunt for Fox, isn’t it?

He’s a professional troll and publicity whore and has to say and do extremist things to keep himself in the limelight

Or his views, likes, audience and sponsorship will go down, the dosh will stop coming in and he’ll have to get a proper job

And never mind that he has two sons he’s teaching that these old-fashioned, mysogynist, blokes attitudes are OK. What a crap dad🙄

He said:

"We’re past the watershed so I can say this: show me a single self-respecting man that would like to climb into bed with that woman, ever, ever, who wasn’t an Incel?

That little woman has been fed, spoon-fed oppression day after day after day… starting with the lie of the gender wage gap, and she’s sat there and I’m going, if I met you in a bar and that was like sentence three, chances of me just walking away are just huge.

We need powerful strong amazing women who make great points for themselves, we don’t need these sort of feminist 4.0… they’re pathetic and embarrassing.

Who would want to shag that?"*

2 Likes

I thought this was a thread about excretion. Though I don’t know who Laurence Fox is

2 Likes

He certainly is a despicable character Maree! Still I think he has shot down his political aspirations now by alienating 51% of the population.

1 Like

When I’m talking about Laurence Fox, it really is :rofl:

Because I think he’s a piece of s*** :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I hope so but it’s a bit like Trump and Boris Johnson, these idiots have moronic loyal fanboys and fangirls who support them whatever they do and however repulsive they are :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Laurence Fox was a leading light in fighting all this wokeism and gender nonsense. He did some very good monologues on GB News. I don’t know if he wrote them or someone else, but they were very good and I agreed with much of what he said. I think he has shot himself in the foot now though and will probably never be heard of again. I think he’s over stepped the mark. Not because of what’s now called ‘Mysogynistic’ - There’s always been some innocent banter between men and women, and we both give it and get it - but there are too many delicate little woke flowers out there who take offence to the least little thing, and they are in high places. So goodbye Laurence…

6 Likes

Chief, I’m evidently one of these flowers as I found what Fox said deeply offensive. Why? Because it was, err, offensive. Not banter but intentionally degrading, nasty and sick. If you can’t see that then it’s not that you are “not woke” but that you are insensitive.
By the way, Fox was never a leading light of anything. He was, and remains, a dark unpleasant thick pit. Good riddance if he’s gone.

4 Likes

That is indeed a problem … the manipulative leading the deluded … :exclamation:

Leading light, my foot!
Fox is an irritating has-been actor who is trying to get into politics without much success.
The Reclaim party he leads hasn’t gained much traction, has it - I think the few candidates they had, who have stood in elections, have lost their deposits and Fox lost his own deposit in the Mayoral election -
1.9% of the votes does not make him a “leading light” in my book :rofl:

He should have stuck to acting, he wasn’t one of the best actors but he was OK - he’s always been a bit up himself with an over-inflated ego but at least he was better as an actor than he is as a political activist - he keeps showing himself up with rants that display his own lack of knowledge.
He is so busy attention-seeking and looking for so-called “wokeness” to call out that he has lost all reason and common sense.

His recent nasty comments are irrelevant, immature and typical of him.

5 Likes

I just knew I’d be hearing from you Lincs…
:yum:

He’s certainly brought out the wokists from the woodwork…Must have done something right…
:nerd_face:

3 Likes

Happy to oblige. Happier if you consider re-assessing your anti-woke thinking. Maybe start with simple questions like “why would it ever be acceptable to be derogatory to someone because of something they can’t change (sex, colour, race, etc.)?” We can move onto more complex thinking later…

3 Likes

I’m thinking the thread has brought out the usual wind-up merchants too!

:yawning_face:

3 Likes

That wasn’t banter, that was grim, incel, teenage put down of the sort that’s typically used to bully women and girls and demean their opinions

Laurence Fox has admitted to being a bully in school and nothing changes, does it?

I’ve always thought Fox uses the “fight’ against “woke” to self promote his unpleasant new career as a turd…… (sorry, political commentator :rofl:)

Being woke is a good thing, I’m proud to be woke and I don’t think anyone would call me a delicate flower!

So I’m not offended by what Fox said, I think it just shows him up for what he is, and has always been, a jerk ……

Who the hell is he anyway? and what had he ever done of value that anyone should care what he thinks?

I’d like to think it will be the end him but sadly I think it will probably just boost his popularity with the usual Rabid Right, Misogynist, Racist GBNews watching type

He’ll go down the Katie Hopkins route of TikTok and YouTubes🤮

Still, he’s still got those libel cases against him from when he was going around on Twitter randomly calling people pardophiles

I hope he loses and it costs him and his disgusting sponsors a couple of bob :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Like I said, he’s a publicity whore who depends on public reactions to his extreme opinions for his income

So, yes, he’s done something “right” in terms of self-promotion and keeping himself in the limelight! :thinking:

But it’s at the cost of perpetuating the view women that they are only of value if they are shaggable and setting that up as an example to his sons that that’s how real men think about women🤮

Whether anyone thinks that means he’s “done something right” or not is probably down to our own moral definition of what is right, I suppose

4 Likes

I thought it was terrible

But

I didn’t see what had come before where Ava Evans was attacking men .
She apparently dismissed the problem of male suicide and mental health

[ The biggest killer of men under 50 is suicide.]

Apparently she wants ( or it’s has been proposed ) that every man must to an anti rape course before entering university . This offended many men too .
Ie all men are potential rapists .

2 Likes

What did Ava Evans say before Laurence Fox’s remarks?

Evans and Fox weren’t even on the same programme. In fact, the journalist had spoken a day earlier on BBC’s Politics Live about the topic of men’s mental health.

Responding to a suggestion that a minister of men could be appointed to help tackle men’s mental health, Evans said that it might feed into a ‘culture war’. She added that it’s a crisis that everyone faces.

She said: “I think that it feeds into the culture war a little bit, this minister for men argument.

“[Mental illness] is a crisis that’s endemic throughout the country, not specific to men. And I think a lot of ministers bandy this about to — I’m sorry — make an enemy out of women.”

Not exactly “feminist 4.0”.

After her appearance on the show, she said: “I was a little rash on my anti-minister for men comments, which I do regret and am actually very interested in a brief for a minister on young men’s mental health.”

No need for an apology for her opinion, IMO.

Earlier on Wednesday, Ms Evans said she is “really hurt” by Fox’s comments, which were about her “body rather than her work”.

Ms Evans told Channel 5’s Jeremy Vine show: "I’m really hurt by it… I’m shocked about by it, I’m shocked that it went out.

"Do you know this is the sort of talk that you worry that men have about you when you’re not in the room.

"There is always sort of a worry in the back of your mind which is: ‘Are people actually interested in what I’m saying or what I’m doing?’

“Or are they just looking at me… physically and I think that that clip proves that there are some men who are.”

She also said: “I’m actually a journalist rather than a commentator and I’d much rather be judged or asked about my work… than have people talking about my body.”

2 Likes

Female reporter Ava Evans has denied suggesting women should ‘file false rape allegations’.

During a debate on Sky News, Connor Tomlinson was arguing for ‘free speech’ and insisted Laurence Fox should not be removed from the TV channel over his derogatory comments about Evans after he was suspended. In order to illustrate his point, the GB News commentator referred to a past debate he’d had with Evans.

‘Ava said women should weaponise false rape allegations in order to keep men afraid of actually committing sexual assault, and when I questioned this she implied that me and my friends would only be afraid of this if we are potential rapists. She’s suffered no repercussions for that.’

His debate partner, journalist Moya Lothian-Mclean, interpreted Evans’ previous quotes in a different way: ‘I watched by the way, and it wasn’t represented in the way you are talking about it.’

After watching the Sky News debate, Evans took to X, formerly Twitter, and wrote: ‘A GB News commentator went on @SkyNews this evening and said that I’d encouraged women to file false rape allegations. I have never, ever said this.’

Tomlinson then responded to her post: ‘I never said you encouraged this. ‘My exact words were: “Ava said women should be able to weaponise false rape allegations in order to keep men afraid of actually committing sexual assault.”

It’s a war of words - either Ava “feminist 4.0” or GB News has an agenda regarding coverage of her.

1 Like

So, she has opinions he disagrees with? So what?

That doesn’t mean it’s OK to go all blokey adolescent and say he wouldn’t shag her🤬

As if whether she’s fanciable or not is a criteria for proving her opinions wrong :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Plus the arrogance of assuming he’d be in with a chance anyway and that she’d be devastated at missing out!

“ I wouldn’t shag her, ha ha, that’ll teach her, so obviously her opinions must be wrong and I’m right”

What sort of moronic logic is that?

She may well be wrong on lots of things, Lawrence Fox certainly is himself, so as he’s lucky enough to have a platform on GBNews, why not go on and put forward his counter opinion in a rational grown up way?

Instead of the school bully stuff?

But that wouldn’t give him the limelight and bring in the dosh, would it?

And I don’t think he’s bright enough to put forward an intelligent argument really, a bit of a thicko throwing out populist anti woke memes

He’s done the cause of preventing men’s suicide a huge disfavour by making it all about him and diverting from the real issue

And by setting his sons and other young men an example that misogyny and demeaning women is an OK way to behave. That’s not going to help young men’s mental health and relationships, is it?

2 Likes

It GBNews, of course they are out to get her and anyone else who doesn’t fit their Rabid Right agenda :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

But it really doesn’t matter what her opinions are, or whether she’s right or wrong. After all, GB news is supposed to be a champion of free speech, aren’t they? Or does that only apply to people expressing opinions that fit their agenda and that they agree with :rofl:

She could have said all men should be castrated at birth and it still wouldn’t make it right for Laurence Fox to reduce the argument to whether he would shag her or not

1 Like