Lately I've been watching these

There are many episodes (Which is scary in itself). Most of these places have many signs and warnings. If you go here you will die!!! Hummm let me ponder that a minute, 5min thrill vs death? What to do. I guess Darwin ought to be out of awards by now.

2 Likes

Poor fisherman just wanted some bananas :banana:! Snake :snake: island

1 Like

Second place is also an island ~ Ramree
Yeah, don’t like mangroves! :crocodile:

1 Like

Ilha da Queimada Grande island of golden lancehead No Thank You.

1 Like

Well, wouldn’t you know, 3rd one is an island too… North Sentinel

1 Like

Almost as bad as that island full of coconut crabs. Nope.
They will even eat each other.
68-untitled-
No climbing trees to get away from these monsters.

2 Likes

Oh my word!

Those crabs are gigantic! Almost pre-historic!

1 Like

Istanbul, Turkey

Istanbul, seen in this image taken aboard the International Space Station, occupies both sides of the entrance to the narrow, 20-mile long Bosporus Strait connecting the Mediterranean and Sea of Marmara (south) to the Black Sea (north). (Image credit: NASA)

No one knows when the North Anatolian Fault will rupture, but one thing is certain: It will rupture. The resulting earthquake could be very bad news for the 12.8 million people in Istanbul.

For the past century, earthquakes on the North Anatolian Fault in northern Turkey have been creeping westward. The last big quake happened in 1999, when a 7.6-magnitude temblor devastated the city of Izmit . The official death toll was around 17,000, but a 2004 estimate by University of Brasilia researcher Vasile Marza put the number at 45,000.

The next time the ground shakes, scientists expect that it will be even further west, just south Istanbul. A January 2010 study in the journal Nature Geosciences found that tensions along the fault are building and could trigger multiple small-to-moderate quakes. Or the fault could go all at once. In March, USGS geophysicist Tom Parsons told Nature that the chances of Istanbul being hit by a magnitude 7 or greater quake in the next 25 years are between 30 and 60 percent.

![Stephanie Pappas](https://vanilla.futurecdn.net/livescience/media/img/missing-image.svg
:103: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

1 Like

Sweetie most of that came out as gibberish.

3 Likes

Sweet right now I am not…

1 Like

Sorry about that. Your typing I can read. The rest looks like:

When that does rupture, it will create some huge disaster!

3 Likes

It did just now…haha

2 Likes

it seemed ok then is went berserk again!!!

2 Likes

Trust me I understand. I fight with it sometimes too. :smiley:

1 Like

Ghost coming after me…again

I have had my edit button taken as well!

1 Like

People must forgive me. I was raised in Texas and Texans tend to be familiar in the way we speak. I get chided for it all the time. Words like Sweetie, Honey, Darlin. BTW that’s Darling spelt country. It’s just the way I grew up speaking. No offence intended.

3 Likes

I have flagged my first post… :grinning:

3 Likes

Sweetie was a joke back …as in, I am pretending to be cross… :rage:
no way Danny…

2 Likes

Really I am the world’s worst nightmare an educated hillbilly. :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes