Lack of stuff at Christmas

This is one of the saddest threads l have ever read.

We only come this way once and most of you just want to eat scraps and tack at Christmas.
Does no one want to make the most of and appreciate the short time we have left on this Earth?

1 Like

We can do that without pigging out at Christmas :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Muddy, l don’t pig out at Christmas. It even abhors me to see people in supermarkets with their shopping trolley packed sky high with trashy, chemical ridden food… which probably will get chucked out anyway!!
But… it’s still nice to have something nice at Christmas.

I treat Christmas as a Sunday lunch, with special ‘extras’!

Your threads tonight seem to be of the “gloating” variety, which belittle other FMs … :017:

Really?

So l am being penalised for enjoying my life and having an opinion?

Power doesn’t really suit you, Omah.

PS. I haven’t started any threads tonight. I have just posted.

It’s Saturday night. Your drinking night! I remember you saying it, from our 5 hour telephone chats!

1 Like

I merely pointed out that your recent posts (I stand corrected) have a “smug” overtone with regard to other FMs.

Have another drink! Omah. Cheers! :laughing:

Now we’re talking golf!

Permission to panic, Miss.

I saw a frozen stuffed Turkey joint in Lidl the other day, quite reasonable, so have that in my chest freezer, ready for Christmas. I am quite likely to be on my own this year, as no doubt little sis will be off down to her daughter in Essex, or son in London. I told her I might ask if any of the coffee group ladies are on their own this year and see if they want to join me for lunch (we could do a buffet). She replied what a good idea that would be. I might just ask on our Whatsapp group as there are fewer members on that.)

As for the other stuff, veg etc., well, let’s wait and see.

What a lovely idea Jazzi

2 Likes

You are not alone, Queenie, I also love Christmas. But I do not become involved with the commercial brouhaha. I make all my own cards (150) and most of the gifts I give to friends. Always have a Turkey crown and traditional trimmings, always have a gammon joint for Boxing Day - both of which are already in the freezer. I never ‘over buy’ food as I do not believe in wasting it.

2 Likes

Wait…I’m having a moment here.

You make 150 cards for Christmas? :astonished:

1 Like

Yes - all done now - just waiting to be posted in December.

2 Likes

No problem, just one wagon and forty foot trailer of Frankincense and Myrrh should service the whole of the UK, just got to find a Driver for it. :biking_man:

Ok…well…I am so impressed at you I can’t even begin to comment!

2 Likes

I love Christmas too Bev it doesn’t surprise me we think the same way about it…

I’m hoping this year will be really special after this terrible year. My son Danny is treating us all he has booked a gorgeous farmhouse in the Lake District and we will all arrive there on Christmas eve…

I’m tasked with catering for a Christmas Eve buffet for 12 people so I hope sourcing food won’t be a problem…luckily my son in law is doing Christmas lunch so I will leave that headache to him :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes. I do want to make the most of my time on earth - which is why I refuse to fret, fuss and stress out today, worrying about what I’m going to eat on a particular day in 3 months time!
I’ve gotta a lorra living to do before then :grinning:

1 Like

Plan ahead fill the freezer & cupboards with foodie treats now !
That’s if you’ve got the room with all those toilet rolls !

Anyone know where I can hire two ghosts from?

I’m looking for a “Ghost Of Christmas Past” and a “Ghost Of Christmas yet to come”.

It seems unlikely that there’ll be any “Christmas Presents” coming our way?

Where did I get the idea?

I copied it off a CD!

Next door has a doctored tom cat, he doesn’t any more :wink::astonished::grin: