Lack of stuff at Christmas

As will I be, I have not eaten a Christmas dinner in over 15 years which is a great shame as I love the whole food thing.

I try not to do Christmas. It hasn’t been my thing since the kids grew up & OH died.
We, Son & I, usually go to my Daughter & her partner for the Christmas day meal, but they have no cooker, it broke, so I don’t know what will happen this year, unless he manages to get one before. I’m not bothered either way. I like egg & bacon anyway. :grinning:

I wonder the people who are the families head cook and bottle washer might be secretly relieved

I’m thinking of lying on the sofa watching tv saying “oops, sorry, no dinner, food shortages……don’t you know? will egg and chips do? “ :rofl:

Egg & chips is OK too. :grinning:

Egg, chips and peas is my favourite meal, I could eat it any time, Christmas included :yum:

2 Likes

@Zaphod, Oooer?? What’s a pig in a blanket ??
Never heard that one before !!:thinking::thinking:
Donkeyman! :+1::+1:

2 Likes

@MrFraggle67 , Oh they look nice, just right for watching sport on tellie !!
Might give them a go sometime ?
Thanks for the photo !!
Donkeyman! :+1::+1:

1 Like

@Donkeyman Make your own, don’t bother with little sausages get some man sizes ones and wrap a couple of slices of bacon round them, some tomato sause to dip them into, lovely jubbly . :smiley::smiley:

1 Like

@MrFraggle67 , Aren’t big bangers a bit much for finger food ??
But me mouth is watering now just talking about it !!
Donkeyman! :grin::grin:

Pfff to finger food thats for girls.:smiley::smiley:

1 Like

As long as I get to see my family… beans on toast would do me …
With maybe a glass of bubbly on the side! :wink:

1 Like

Christmas, for me, is my family around the table, plenty of wine (not whine), proper Christmas Pud (with silver paper wrapped coins) and one of my many Grandchildren carrying in the Burning Christmas pudding, and singing “We wish you…a Merry Christmas”

And then the raised glass for “Absent Friends”

:hearts:

1 Like

I’ve got a litre on The Famous Grouse stashed … just in case.

4 Likes

Whereabouts are you again dOOd?

I wouldn’t mind a “Christmas-trimming-free” Christmas - I’ve had a few Christmas Days without any fuss and it makes a refreshing change.
I have a holly bush in the garden, so I can always stick a sprig of holly on top of my beans on toast. :rofl:

Third bunker on the left.

Note made

At ease soldier, at ease

Don’t forget to rake the bunker, when you chip out, so many golfers have stopped doing it!

:policeman:

1 Like

This is one of the saddest threads l have ever read.

We only come this way once and most of you just want to eat scraps and tack at Christmas.
Does no one want to make the most of and appreciate the short time we have left on this Earth?

1 Like