Just arrived in Hong Kong on our way to Australia

Just arrived in Hong Kong on our way to Australia.
It’s years since I was here .
Super modern airport .
Everyone walking about with masks some looking like surgeons some like Hannibal Lector.
Hand cleansing dispensers everywhere .
They are still extending land reclamation here .
What will happen when that big bit of Antarctic melts ?
I feel happy to be back in the Far East.

1 Like

Take care Muddy.
Keep us posted. x

Have a safe holiday Muddy… :slight_smile:

Have a lovely holiday Muddy :slight_smile: I hope you get time for some sketching …

Enjoy your holiday Muddy.

Hi Muddy

Enjoy your trip. Hong Kong airport is magnificent.
I spent a lot of time in the far east but that’s for another thread. Flights were in and out of Kai Tak. Interesting experience…

the name will change th Hong Pong. :lol:

i would love to go to Australia got a cousin out there and not seen her for50/60 years.

I like the idea of having a spash in a billabong while playing with my didgeridoo.

I was thinking more like Hong Gone.:mrgreen:

I’d love to go too and am jealous of Muddy in the very good sort of way.

It’s a lovely morning in HongKong .
We are in the airport waiting to board out flight to Brisbane .
We are just about the only people not wearing masks so felt left out tried to buy a couple .
Impossible there is a shortage of masks in China !

Never been to Hong Kong…enjoy your holiday Muddy

Muddy, I hope that you have a pleasant flight down to Brisbane and that you are not quarantined once arriving.

We had a good flight down to Brisbane thank you Bakerman (Cathay Pacific lovely airline )
I WAS wondering if we were going to be rushed off to Christmas Island but no they let us in !
The health people did come on board wearing scrubs and masks and scrutinised a couple of people .

Meanwhile everyone at the airport was wearing masks too!

There is a world shortage China has ordered 32 MILLLION !

Thank you everyone for your good wishes .
You will be sorry I am going to bore you all with my travel experiences from now on :slight_smile:

Glad you arrived safely, Muddy…

Just hope you are able to get a few masks from somewhere…

Bought two today from a chemist for return journey .
Best to be prepared !

Good thinking.
I’d have done the same.

Oh wow this is the view from the LOO in my sons place ( only rented I’m afraid but still )

What a stunning view, Muddy!

It looks like a beautiful day and what a view! Is that a viewing platform below? Perhaps a place to hike?

I can catch the aroma of the eucalyptus trees from here. So happy you are with your son. You must be thrilled!

Just read that after 1st Feb travelers are being sent to Christmas Island for two weeks.