Joy and glee at the BBC!

Brexit has happened, whoever leads the country has to lead it in the light of that. Surely, competence is what is needed now, rather than a positive attitude towards past events. :102:

1 Like

Trying to find solutions to any problems brexit may have caused is miniscule compared to the problems that green policies are going to cause for our young people. And it’s already started with excessive energy bills, replacing traditional vehicles with electric vehicles that the ordinary person will not be able to afford, and those who can will either be paying top dollar for their electricity, or be rationed, all possible due to the new smartmeters everyone was happy to install.
And just to return to the original topic, it’s not just Boris the BBC are being biased about. They never miss a trick to brainwash us about how mankind is destroying the planet and creating severe weather events, which everyone knows…Or at least should know, are caused by natural phenomenon…Only fools would believe that we have the power to alter climate change…

1 Like

Johnson was never a Brexit supporter any way. He was always pro EU before

He just told you lot he was so he could be PM

He hadn’t got one principle he wouldn’t sacrifice to his selfishness

1 Like

We have sent a lot of crap up into the atmosphere since the start of the industrial revolution, Foxy, and I would say that only a fool would not even consider that it might have done some damage. While ever that remains a possibility, the least we should do is take steps to stop it getting worse.

As for you, you need to keep your emissions to a minimum when you are out running. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Nail on the head again.

Ok so you admit it wasn’t spent on what was promised on the side of the battle bus than for the NHS…now that’s lying

1 Like

Did it say that £350 million would be spent on the NHS?
Did it say that ALL of the money we used to pay to the EU would be spent on the NHS?
Read it again.

Be honest, JBR, it was designed to give that impression. And the implicit promise was given by people who didn’t even know if they would be in a position to deliver it, even if Brexit happened. Their assumption that the leaders of the Brexit campaign would automatically form the subsequent government was arrogant to say the least.

The world is self cleaning Harbal, otherwise the planet would have died years ago. The major contributor to any pollution that currently circulates the globe is that from the 30 or so active volcanoes that spew out more CO2 and large particle debris in one year than man has created since the industrial revolution. Most of our pollution is local, and could be cleared up in months (like we did with the London smog) if we could apply the same strict rules that were present during lockdown, but at what cost to the economy and health of the population when poverty would be common place. I’m not saying we can’t make our environment a better and less polluted place to live, but thinking we can alter the weather patterns of the world is just stupid. The sun is responsible for our climate and always will be.

1 Like

I don’t suppose you have the details, do you, Foxy, so that I can apply the principle to my flat? :thinking:

1 Like

Personally I didn’t vote for brexit because the things that were written on the side of a bus, or promises made about the money saved. I voted for brexit because I’m patriotic and wanted control of my country back in the hands of our parliament. Perhaps things haven’t worked out like I expected them to, but at least we have taken the first step and I would take up arms if necessary to defend this island just like my father and grandfather before him…Long live the Queen…
:uk:

2 Likes

@Maree, l think we have allready agreed that Boris is a tosser
Maree ? As you have allready admitted you don’t believe in
democracy then l can’t think what more we have to talk about??Perhaps you should go and live in Europe and leave us to go to
hell in our own way ?
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

Now then, Foxy, don’t you go and do anything rash. :grimacing:

1 Like

@wishbone , Because we are still paying it into the EU WB !!
To pay for projects that we committed to, but we’re never started
or completed, l believe they want us to pay for another ten years ?
Donkeyman! :-1::frowning::-1:

1 Like

If we agreed to that, then we can’t complain, if we didn’t agree, then why on earth are we paying?

1 Like

When we were (completely) in the EU, they saw us as their cash cow.
I believe they still do so, as far as they think they can.

Were we the biggest net contributor, JBR?

@ Harbie , l don’t think it was agreed, we were told that was the
case, as far as l know it still is the case as nothing further has
beennheard, either confirming or denying ??
It might be worth re-investigating this??
It maymwell bethat EU is holding this in reserve for if we trigger
Article 16 ?
Donkeyman! :frowning::frowning:

@ Harbie, we are, or were,the second biggest contributor,
Which is unfair as we got the least benefit out of being a member
based trade balances ??
Don’t ask me why that was, as it would need a month to
explain the past stupidities of our past, and, present leaders !!
Donkeyman! :-1::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::-1:

1 Like

Which just goes to show how stupid we were to remain in that corrupt organisation as soon as we were aware that it was about to morph into the EU which, whatever it was, it certainly was not simply a free-trade organisation.

1 Like