Johnson no confidence vote - how do you think it will go?

Well, you can’t say we don’t live in interesting times :rofl:

I feel a bit sorry for the Queen, she soon got knocked off the news headlines😯

2 Likes

A lot more voted against him than I expected so I’m pleased with that but they’ll definitely need to watch their backs, and their fronts!

Yup, I really will be because I’ve got twenty quid on at Ladbroke for Tugendhat being the next PM🤣

Other than that, upset not quite the word, disgusted and revolted maybe :nauseated_face:

I had money on him being ousted, :weary:

1 Like

Aw! :frowning: But that was always an outsider, do you bet on 3 legged nags too? :rofl:

Go Mr Tugendhat :horse_racing:

FGS, it was a single issue vote, folks were pissed off with the Brexit situation, have you forgotten that?

Looks like another EU rejoin coup just failed miserably. A few genuine cases of people not happy with Johnson (Davis, Baker) but when Starmer says on the day of the vote he will “renegotiate with the EU”, Hunt saying we should join the single market and also Dan Hannan now saying the same thing, its obvious what was going on.

The 5th column never went away … its still very much alive and determined to undermine the people. Powered by media hysteria over cake, on reflection this could not have been more obvious.

Starmer just committed political suicide while Johnson looks to be safe until the next GE at least. Starmer has lied and lied over his position over Brexit - it’s over for him now, the red wall will never vote for him

1 Like

You just want to be in the EU.

1 Like

More tory MPs voted for Boris Johnson than the total of all labour MPs.

Just saying …

In the lead up to 2016 election am sure Jeremy Hunt said he would vote leave in a second referendum.
Yeah, right! :lying_face:

If he is PM that’s what we would get, a rigged referendum.

Betcha it will never happen in UK not enough people will have the bottle. imo

In February 2015 we took a significant step closer to getting it. Thanks to NOTA UK’s lobbying, the parliamentary Political & Constitutional Reform Committee (PCRC) felt compelled to recommend that the next government hold a public consultation before May 2016 solely on inclusion of NOTA on ballot papers. This was due to their conclusion that there is not only huge demand for it but that there would be a clear positive impact on voter engagement of having it. This was a huge development.

Unfortunately, one of the very first acts of the incoming Conservative government that year was to shut down the PCRC, rendering all their good work on this and many others issue much harder to follow up on. However, on the upside, it is now an official policy of the Green Party of England & Wales to introduce a Re-Open Nominations (RON) option to UK ballot papers, effectively NOTA by another, less well known name. This is definitely a step in the right direction.

Having a ‘None of the Above’ option on ballot papers for all future UK elections, as well as providing a way for people to cast a protest vote if they so choose, would be a game changer for our political system as a whole – but only if implemented properly i.e.: with formalised consequences for the result in the event of it ‘winning’.

Why - just spoil your ballot.

All this does is make way for neverendums and election paralysis when the None of the Above gets more votes than the winner.

NOTA is a clear indication of your choice and cannot be discarded as a spoilt paper.

Yes, but the NOTA is seen as a candidate so as long as NOTA gets more votes than A B or C then nobody gets elected.

Vote for the candidate you want, vote tactically, don’t vote or spoil your ballot paper. Those are the options we have - having NOTA included is only to give losers the chance to run an election again and again.

May be argued that if NOTA gets the maximum number of votes in a constituency, then the system should provide for re-election, without any of the candidates in the previous round.

Read more at: A Decade of NOTA: Make it effective | Deccan Herald

Exactly and thats the problem

The problems.

The bigger problem is that we don’t have enough grammar schools. I take it you would be in favour of this to “level up” education as you demonstrate in your pdf attachment ?