Johnson no confidence vote - how do you think it will go?

@swimfeeders
Hi Swimmy :slightly_smiling_face:, putting aside the 12 months thing which isnā€™t set in stone, the 22 committee set the rules and are at liberty to change them .
The point I was making was that if Johnson is seen by an MP to no good as a PM, that applies as much today as in 3 weeks time and to any ā€˜thinkingā€™ MP with integrity putting country before self there is no need to wait for the byelections (which any MP living in the real world knows the Tories are almost certain to lose) before giving BJ a swift boot under the behind.
Waiting 3 weeks to vote shows indecisiveness and a lack of integrity by any Tory MP who has witnessed Johnsons appalling lack of judgement and attention to his job since he became PM.

It doesnā€™t matter what Sue Gray, Starmer or anyone else did, it doesnā€™t make what Johnson did any better and is just whataboutery :woman_shrugging:

And thereā€™s the small matter of keeping a PM who lies to Parliament

Asking to name alternatives is also just a diversionary tactic, to give chance to attack the alternatives as a smokescreen for keeping Johnson :dash:

I know I can keep calling him a corrupt liar and morally bankrupt as long as I like, thanks, and I fully intend to ! :rofl:

And I think anyone who voted for him knowing full well he was a morally bankrupt corrupt liar and landed us with him as PM at dangerous and difficult times was as bad as he is and equally responsible for the consequences :hushed:

So the media finally got their wayā€¦ its hilarious how the labour party are saying well it might be he will win the vote mathematically but it wont be a real winā€¦ what ??

I voted for him Maree and I will continue to support him I donā€™t consider him to be morally bankrupt or a corrupt liar and I will continue to say that as long as I like :slight_smile:

Bread, I totally agree. Those two would be totally unsuitable. You only have to look at Jeremy Huntā€™s eyes!!
As for Liz Truss, the one who thinks sheā€™s a ā€˜stateswomanā€™ posing like sheā€™s the Prime Minister already!! No way would l vote for the Conservatives, if she was the leader.

2 Likes

Youre going to be really upset then when he wins the next election.

2 Likes

I know thereā€™s one thing for sureā€¦ this forum is going to be dead quiet later this evening, whilst they are waiting for the outcome of the vote!

1 Like

As expected he got it
148 voted against him

Boris Johnson wins a confidence vote by Tory MPs 211 to 148.

Bad news for BJ - heā€™s a dead man walking - heā€™ll probably be gone before year-end.

2 Likes

Well I wasnā€™t expecting thatā€¦now for those who mouthed off to the press big time will be expecting a Night of the Long Knives

1 Like

Well, you canā€™t say we donā€™t live in interesting times :rofl:

I feel a bit sorry for the Queen, she soon got knocked off the news headlinesšŸ˜Æ

2 Likes

A lot more voted against him than I expected so Iā€™m pleased with that but theyā€™ll definitely need to watch their backs, and their fronts!

Yup, I really will be because Iā€™ve got twenty quid on at Ladbroke for Tugendhat being the next PMšŸ¤£

Other than that, upset not quite the word, disgusted and revolted maybe :nauseated_face:

I had money on him being ousted, :weary:

1 Like

Aw! :frowning: But that was always an outsider, do you bet on 3 legged nags too? :rofl:

Go Mr Tugendhat :horse_racing:

FGS, it was a single issue vote, folks were pissed off with the Brexit situation, have you forgotten that?

Looks like another EU rejoin coup just failed miserably. A few genuine cases of people not happy with Johnson (Davis, Baker) but when Starmer says on the day of the vote he will ā€œrenegotiate with the EUā€, Hunt saying we should join the single market and also Dan Hannan now saying the same thing, its obvious what was going on.

The 5th column never went away ā€¦ its still very much alive and determined to undermine the people. Powered by media hysteria over cake, on reflection this could not have been more obvious.

Starmer just committed political suicide while Johnson looks to be safe until the next GE at least. Starmer has lied and lied over his position over Brexit - itā€™s over for him now, the red wall will never vote for him

1 Like

You just want to be in the EU.

1 Like

More tory MPs voted for Boris Johnson than the total of all labour MPs.

Just saying ā€¦

In the lead up to 2016 election am sure Jeremy Hunt said he would vote leave in a second referendum.
Yeah, right! :lying_face:

If he is PM thatā€™s what we would get, a rigged referendum.