But the UK is not a democracy.

1 Like

After Bidens disaster in :yawning_face:

1. Afghanistan
  2. The Pandemic
  3. Illegal Immigration
  4. Inflation
  5. Gas Prices
  6. Ukraine (nearly starting world war 3 twice, only save by the back peddling of the Pentagon)
  7. Baby Formula
  8. Unemployment

etc

You honestly believe Americans like this ?

All this has happened because Trump is not in power and Biden is.

1 Like

I can’t speak for all Americans (and neither can you). Many of those issues are world wide events that one President isn’t going to fix even if the President gets blamed for it.

I’m not a Biden fan but the choices haven’t been good in so many ways.

2 Likes

You can’t blame the world for Afghanistan or shutting down the oil pipeline and inflation etc.

If Trump was in power Putin would never have invaded Ukraine either, and would never have give over $80 billion worth of USA military equipment to the Taliban.

Biden is a disaster

Why is that? I thought Trump was cheering for Putin in Ukraine.

1 Like

You thought wrong. The Ukraine mess is much more complex than a Russian invasion. The justification for that invasion, and it WAS justified lies with pressure from the West, especially the “good 'ol USA”.

2 Likes

I don’t see anything in your comment that has anything to do with mine.

1 Like

2000 Mules is a good documentary.

Here is a link to the more accurate ratings of our US presidents. If you are not a US citizen, you fail to recall all of them and what they did or did not do for America.
https://www.usnews.com/news/special-reports/the-worst-presidents/articles/how-historians-rate-presidents
@Bread, if you are throwing out opinions of your own, you better broaden your knowledge of what you speak. Just to clarify your topic.

Here is an updated excerpt from the list…
After extensive debate by historians and experts throughout his presidency about where he might land upon a list of the oval office’s worst, Donald Trump is the second-worst president in the U.S. News Worst Presidents rankings.

1 Like

Has he started any wars?

Hardly an unbiased source. It differs considerably from the perception of people where distance results in a much better perspective. In any case surely what matters most is “living memory” in which case the likes of the IRA sympathisers get seen for the filth that they were/are.

Thank you for your input, AT. Hardly worth repeating.

Certainly not over here. It’s a widely held belief.

Well put, @swimfeeders .

There is a classic saying, " Clean up your own back yard first…"
Many choose to avoid and distract from the obvious.
Many of us choose to keep our eyes open.

3 Likes

You should try it.

All rated by lefty historians :lol:

1 Like

What has Biden done that is so great in his 37 years or so in government ?

In 2020 Trump got the biggest number of votes in history for any incumbent President.

1 Like

. . . and still lost.

3 Likes

@RightNow = I cannot open the linky you put up without either subscribing or switching off my adblocker - which I am not about to do.

On the subject of presidents - I am happy with my President - Michael Higgins (he writes lovely poetry), and the current Taoiseach, Michael Martin. Glad to be rid of ‘the varuker’ - wish we could be free from eurofilth.

Current UK government ministers all appear to be as corrupt and self agrandising as each other - if there was an election tomorrow I would not know for whom to vote. Gone are the days when politicians were gentlemen and actually stood up for those who elected them.

As for US Presidents - in the main - unless one is an ardent student of US History and Politics - our judgement is mostly coloured by what we see in the media - and we all know what that is worth. Neither Trump nor Biden present themselves well - but is that down to them or to their campaign managers? Trump in particular came across - to me anyway - as an ill bred lout - but - that does not necessarily make him a bad president. Biden just looks ill and frail. But - as with the UK - who is there to replace them?

Is there - in any country - such a creature as an honest, moral and principled politician? Catching a Unicorn would be easier!!

4 Likes

Only because the media and big tech hid Beijing Bidens past dealing with Ukraine, Russia and China. Oh and don’t forget postal votes and fraud,

How did a politician of 37 years become so rich ?