Japanese Food anyone?

Do you like it? I do, and it’s something I wouldn’t cook so it’s a treat in a restaurant

I went out with the girls last night and it was yum!

Shake - chargrilled salmon with teriyaki sauce, rice salad and vegetable tempura

Chicken Gyoza - chicken dumpling with sweet and sour sauce and vegetable tempura

Chicken and vegetable tempura

4 Likes

Sweet potato tempura

Tori Katsu chicken curry

Tempura noodle tree

Tori Egi Maki- deep fried chicken fillet with rolled rice and seaweed drizzled in creamy teriyaki and wasabi

4 Likes

Cheesecake with coconut ice-cream and fruit

Banana tempura

Fried vanilla ice cream with chocolate and fresh fruits

4 Likes

I’m not fond of it. Apart from anything else it’s too poncified.

2 Likes

Ah, a plain food man :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My old man is a bit like that, he’ll eat it and enjoy it but he’d rather something simpler and Brit! ( or better still Irish)

That the good thing about girl’s nights out, we can indulge in a bit of poncified :rofl:

2 Likes

Sorezore ga yoba re, kōsei sa rete iru ryōri to wa nandesuka … :bowing_man:

1 Like

Wow, what does all that mean, Omah? Translate please :smiley:

1 Like

Yes I like Japanese food, the only thing I won’t eat is Shushi.

3 Likes

Yes, I’m not keen on that idea either, which is weird, because I do eat jellied eels!

1 Like

What are they called and what’s in them?

1 Like

Never tried it! I like the look of the tempura though, but anything to do with raw fish then I’ll pass thanks… :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Do you ever eat smoked salmon? Or pickled herring? Or matjes herring?

1 Like

Never tried any apart from sushi and it was disgusting .

1 Like

Oh sushi is nice … in the summer months. I need hot food in the UK winter.

1 Like

Of course “sushi” is actually the rice itself.

2 Likes

Yep, I like.

We have a little IKEA recently opened near us. Fab Herring in Dill sweet vinegar.

Smoked salmon, we always have a pack of that at home.

Er, nope…I was given some smoked salmon once but I fried it which was nice…

I took this photo while in Japan in a shopping mall

Don’t ask me what they are as I don’t read Japanese

2 Likes

Tempura is really easy to make. The first time I tried to make it I thought no way, this is going to be a disaster but when it worked I was so chuffed I was tempuring everything that sat still :rofl::rofl:

The secret is to put a bottle of fizzy water in the freezer for a while before you make it, so it’s really, really cold and not make the batter too smooth, you’re supposed to just give a quick twirl with the chopsticks and it’s supposed to have lumps in it!

It’s a good way of tarting up leftovers. This is the way I do it, some recipes have egg on as well

3 Likes

That looks like a good spread :yum::yum:

1 Like