Jacket Potato what’s going on yours .?

Sure! Bring your own onions though, I might burn mine! :smiley: :onion: <<<< onion although it doesn’t look like one :017:

3 Likes

That works for me.

2 Likes

My dear wife likes Vidalia onions. They quite mild.
“A Vidalia onion is one of several varieties of sweet onion grown in a production area defined by law of the U.S. state of Georgia since 1986”
My wife is from Georgia.

3 Likes

Ooh, @Omah - your post and pic took me back to my childhood - raking out the baked taties from the embers of the village bonfire, long after the Guy had gone up in flames and we had all Oohed and Aahhed over all the pretty fireworks.

I loved those bakes taties, almost too hot to handle, with the charcoaled leathery skin and beautifully soft, fluffy potato inside.
We didn’t have any topping on those - we enjoyed them just as they came out of the fire - a perfect ending to an exciting night around the bonfire. :fire: :potato:

3 Likes

Clearly, you are ill-informed about traditional seasonal rites … :man_shrugging:

This poster, on the other hand:

Quite … :icon_biggrin:

2 Likes

I’m ill informed about many things Omah.
Captain Scarlet knocked spots off Thunderbirds so stick that on your bonfire :wink:

3 Likes

On the one hand:

Thunderbirds follows the exploits of International Rescue, a life-saving organisation equipped with technologically-advanced land, sea, air and space rescue craft; these are headed by a fleet of five vehicles named the Thunderbirds and launched from the organisation’s secret base of operations in the Pacific Ocean.

Light

On the other:

Captain Scarlet follows the “war of nerves” between Earth and the Mysterons, a race of Martians who possess partial control over matter. When a misunderstanding causes human astronauts to attack their city on Mars, the Mysterons vow revenge and launch reprisals against Earth. These are countered by Spectrum, a worldwide security organisation. In the first episode, Spectrum agent Captain Scarlet acquires the Mysterons’ self-healing power of “retrometabolism” and is thus rendered “indestructible”, being able to recover from otherwise fatal injuries. It has violent content and themes of alien aggression.

Dark.

Endof.

3 Likes

@Boot - I loved the potatoes, onions, parkin and bonfire toffee - hated the fireworks!

1 Like

Spot on!

Captain Black, cast out the skies to wreak havoc on earth. I was a kid at the time but Captain Scarlet as you say was dark but not gratuitous, very slick and sexy stylistclally speaking. I think I had my first crush on all of the angels, loved the jets, the cars and the closing credits were really something special!

Thunderbirds just seemed a little clumpy and wooden by comparison.
Nothing personal, just my opinion.

Captain Scarlet for me every time although I’ve been tempted to splash out on the UFO boxed set :wink:

2 Likes

I never watched Capt Scarlet but, just for you, Chilli:

1 Like

Clotted cream and anchovies :ok_hand::+1:

2 Likes

Thank you Percy, I was trying to to find the original outro on YouTube with the graphics but I think it’s been removed. I’ll just have to watch it on DVD like the old fogey that I am :wink:

1 Like

Well it looks kind of oniony to me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:onion: :potato:

Someone got paid money to make these emojis They didn’t really use much imagination did they?. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

No, I suppose not when you think about it like that:-)

2 Likes

I cook jacket potatoes in my Panasonic combination microwave, they only take about 12-15 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes.

I cut the baked potato in half, scrape the potato out of the skins, mash them with proper block butter. I then add, bits of crispy bacon, grated cheese, cooked mushrooms and sometimes some cooked chopped onions.
I put the potato mixture back into the skins, top them with cheese and sliced tomatoes.
I put them in my Team VisiCook Air chef and grill them until the cheese has melted and gone crispy.

Sometimes, l add some of the minced beef mixture l make for lasagne, or spaghetti bolognese to the mashed potato. I top it with cheese and sliced tomato and grill them until the cheese has melted and gone crispy.

3 Likes

Hi

Fantastic but lethal Art , no cheese for me except some tiny bit of low fat cheese once a fortnight

Oh No, thats horrid for you, swimmy.
Low fat cheese? It must be like eating a candle!
I thought cheddar cheese is good for your heart?

Quote… Eating foods high in saturated fats can raise your cholesterol levels and put you at risk of cardiovascular disease. However, research indicates that people over age 65 may be able to eat full-fat dairy products, such as cheddar cheese, without increasing their chance of death from heart attacks

2 Likes

Hi

I have heart failure now Art, only one coronary artery left so have to be very careful

2 Likes

Im partial to a bit of canned tuna and mayonaisse but I more often have cheese

1 Like