I've just cancelled my TV licence

As I mentioned in an entirely different topic I simply don’t watch the BBC or ITV anymore. It was just a case of drifting away so to speak.
So…one hundred and eighty quid a year could be spent on energy bills, food and the occasional collectable DVD!

Whether or not a TV licence is good value is largely subjective, I had much respect for The BBC way back in the past, oh well if it kept Gary Lineker’s coffers topped up fine, nothing to do with me anymore!

2 Likes

Don’t blame you Chilliboot, I watch very little TV but have a free license, if I had to pay 180.00 I’d think twice about it too with the rubbish they churn out these days

1 Like

Be careful that licence may also covers using a radio,so best to check first

1 Like

I suspect that BBC’s days are numbered, at least in the present form.
On a more frivolous note Ambre… imagine a £180 pound cake stand :sunglasses::yum:

Not according to the nice lady I eventually got through to on the phone, I’m perfectly entitled to listen to The BBC on my echo dot speakers :slightly_smiling_face:

ok your correct, the licence terms have been altered ,it always used to be for a radio

1 Like

I remember… vaguely :wink::+1:

Its all celebrity this or that, or repeats, on the plus side, I know all the answers to the quiz show questions :smile:

1 Like

£180! You can get Netflix for a year for less than that, the no ads version.

There is plenty of rubbish on Netflix, you need to sift through that …

1 Like

Much more fun when it was hit or miss Spitty

being a little older than yourself (81 years young) having a radio required a licence

Exactly…dog licences were issued from the post office too, I remember those!