I've had my chest x-ray

That is good.

I met the whole neurology team and they examined me thoroughly; I also need a lumbar puncture which Iā€™m not too happy with.

The consultant neurologist is Spanish, so it was fun talking to her in both languages - it seems, though that my nerve damage is a bit more complex than anticipated so Iā€™m going to have to remain optimistic.

There is a TV room here but it is freezing, have spent much of my time reading books and listening to podcasts.

The upshot is that my lymphoma has returned: the MRI shows a tumour at the base of my neck which has been pressing down on the nerves to my back and arms.

Straight away Iā€™m on steroids to shrink the tumour and ease my symptoms.

Tomorrow the consultants will probably do a biopsy and lay out my options going forward.

Not the best news, Iā€™m afraid. Feel quite depressed and have been phoning a number of people.

Sorry to hear your news Ffosse. At least you have some answers now and youā€™re in the best place to be treated.

Thanks, Leia - I wish I still smoked, or had someone who could give me a cigarette right now.

I donā€™t smoke Ffosse or I would gladly let you have a cigarette :slight_smile:

No, I havenā€™t for years but I crave one now.

Iā€™m sure you do. Try to take your mind off things listening to your podcasts or something.

Iā€™ll do just that - tomorrow is a new day and the doctors will formulate a care plan for me, Iā€™ve had cancer once - no big surprise that itā€™s come back in the form of a neck tumour.

Oh Ffosse, Iā€™m so sorry. Stay positive, the doctors will Fo the best for you.

Iā€™m sure they will, and Iā€™ll try and stay positive but it is hard. Iā€™m hampered here by a lack of wi-fi so wonā€™t be posting much.

OK Ffosse, Iā€™ll say goodnight then. I hope you sleep well tonight.

Good night, Leia.

Ffosse, now that you know you can get to work and start a battle plan with your doctors. Youā€™ve been here before and have fought with success, so you can do it again. Itā€™s good to hear that you are talking this out with people you know.

I have every reason to be hopeful for you and wish you peace and strength.

Good thoughts your way.

So sorry to hear of your troubles Ffosse. I think Surfermom has given good advice here. You won last time, so try to stay positive again. Wishing you the very best of luck.

Ffosse, I was following the thread and hoping for good news and am very sorry for the bad outcome. Hope they can somehow stop your pain and like you, as a reformed smoker, know the feeling of the need for a fag in dire situations. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Thanks, everyoneā€¦itā€™s just tough being started on these steroids and a biopsy/possible operation and chemo/radiation once more - Iā€™ve been here before, but this is more serious with a localised tumour rather than more general blood cancer.

The hospital truly is the best place for you as you already know and Iā€™m sure you will get lots of support from your friends on here, take care.

Oh, Dreamy I am just catching up on this thread.
You are in my thoughts and prayers, you will get through this.