I've had my chest x-ray

Now I await my Haemotology appointment. Very heavy rain here.

1 Like

I hope you get your results quicker than mine. I had CT scans on 5th January (cancer follow up) and still have no results. When I rang today chasing them I was told that there is a backlog… So I remain in limbo.

Good luck with everything, Ffosse. Hope all goes well bud :slight_smile:

I’ve got another appointment with neuroscience for a full spinal scan, but they don’t think my cancer has come back. They just need to see what’s up with my back and arm pain.

Good luck Ffosse.

Ffosse stay positive:!: There is no point in worrying until they tell you something is wrong, because they may not say that, so keep smiling:052:

I am sure all will be fine Dreamy.
I hope that whatever is causing the pain can be sorted.

Well all the signs are that it’s not cancer, my Hodgkins Lymphoma has not returned: my weight has stayed the same; there is no lumps that they can see on my chest x-ray; none under my arms or in my groin; I have a healthy appetite and can sleep OK.

The consultant did tell me that he’s seen patients with my arm dysfunction on both arms and they’re basically screwed until it gets sorted out. As it is, it’s a bit harder for me to dress myself, especially the top-half of me - jumpers are a real pain because I don’t have any strength in my right arm. But a full neuroscience scan (and this is where I get a bit scared because I’ll be fully inside a tight space for a few minutes) should be able to give them an idea of what’s wrong.

I have Carpel Tunnel in both hands, but it’s my right arm and - at night- my back which has given me the most bother.

They’ve upped the dose of amytryptiline for my hands and said I should take the maximum amount of codeine and paracetamol allowed.

It was absolutely pouring all afternoon:

https://s13.postimg.org/9kb967rfb/IMG_1748.jpg

Dreamy can someone go with you for the scan?

Tell the people who are operating the machine that you have problems being enclosed and ask them to talk to you for those few minutes, in order to keep your mind on something else. When I had a scan, in the nuclear dept of my cancer hospital, the nurses chatted to me all the time I was in there… and I am not bothered by being enclosed!
Good luck:-)

They’re going to send a letter to my G.P. but they said this will be done sooner rather than later as they don’t yet know what they’re dealing with.

I’ll just doze up on the diazepam and have some nice tunes playing beforehand.

Still a bit nervous about this. I’ve had scans before, but I believe this is the most claustrophobic of them all.

I don’t have a date yet but they will be writing to me this week.

Stop worrying Dreamy. This scan will show everything, look at the positive aspects.:lol:

At least cancer can virtually be rules out mate, you don’t need that as well as all your other issues. Keep us posted bud, and keep your chin up if at all possible.

Take care, Ffosse :slight_smile:

Yes, it’s not cancer, just something in my spine and arms, particularly the right one. I was just posting on another thread about how I can hardly lift or strech, and it feels like it’s spreading to my left arm.

Still, last night I slept incredibly well, 13 hours, just getting up once to take some more painkillers.

I got a letter and my MRI is set for Feb 19. I’ll be glad to find out what’s wrong- probably a trapped nerve in my neck.

I expect it is Dreamy but painful nonetheless.
Be brave, I will be sending you strength.:lol:

I should really wear cardigans - putting on a jersey is torture as I can’t raise my right hand much and the jersey is bunched up around my chest.

Hi Ffosse, hope all turns out well for you. Try to put the worry about the result out of your mind for now. Difficult I know but when things like this happen I just remember my dear old mum’s favourite saying…No point in worrying about something that hasn’t happened yet…

a big hug from me.