I've had my chest x-ray

Yes I agree, it is a worry when there is no word. There could be a number of reasons though.

To be sensible, if Ffosse is still in ICU, there would no doubt be restrictions in using his mobile with all the sensitive equipment and machines. There used to be stricter rules in ICU than other depts, and I would imagine this is still the case.

He’s no doubt still feeling too wretched (or unable) to go to an area where he could use his phone, assuming he’d able to leave the dept - he might be hooked up to equipment.

Plus, with his compromised immune system infection control is so important. How much bacteria is in a mobile? They say our keyboards are rife with it.

So, in either case, he wouldn’t be accessing his e-mails.

As no-one is close to him who has his next of kin contact details, if we all continue sending our healing thoughts he will hopefully be receiving them and helping. It’s such a long and wretched procedure and recovery… :frowning:

I agree, please contact them and find out. Thanks.

To quote part of Pesta’s post:

" To be sensible, if Ffosse is still in ICU, there would no doubt be restrictions in using his mobile with all the sensitive equipment and machines. There used to be stricter rules in ICU than other depts, and I would imagine this is still the case."

I thinks Pesta makes a lot of sense with this view.

So do I, but we can only assume what the situation is.
Maybe if Sweetie Pie did ring the hospital they could confirm this, that is if they would give any information out to non-relatives.

If they won’t give out info to Sweetie, could she ask the staff to pass on her number to his sister? A call back could let us know what is happening, especially if the family is unaware there are many people here longing to know how he is.

I’ve often lied to hospitals about my relationship to a patient when trying to find out how they are.

I know they often say they speak to relatives only so when I called about a friend I said I was her cousin & we were very close.

Sweetie could say the same - they wouldn’t know - or she could say she was looking after his pets…

I’m sure sweetie will manage to get through to them…

Ok, everyone, I have spoken to the ward just now.
Ffosse is in high dependency and is quite poorly, so is obviously not up to posting. He is mostly sleeping, and I have sent all of our prayers and wishes via the staff.
Let us pray he will be back soon.
I know you were all worried as much as me.
So as we know, he is fighter.

Phew - at least he’s still with us. I was fearing the worst.

Thanks sweetie.

Yes, he is.
I was so worried.

Oh well done SP…You’re a good Friend to Ffosse ….Thanks for letting Us know :023:x

I can’t have you all worrying like me.:slight_smile:

This is a big relief, although it sounds like Ffosse is very poorly.
Well done Sweetie Pie for finding out for us :hug:

I wish we could send him some flowers from us all.

It was done on a forum I was on once to send a wreath when a very popular member died.

Somebody organised it via pay pal & members who wanted to, contributed.

I wouldn’t know how to begin going about it but if there is somebody who could I’m sure a lot of us would like to contribute.

I think it would mean a lot to him.

Nice idea Carol,but I don’t think flowers would be allowed in the ICU.

Well done Sweetie.

No, I agree.

Nice idea though.

I hope he will be feeling much better soon, because I think the company, from here, will help him feel more assured of getting better.:slight_smile: Positive thinking will be good for him!

Thanks for finding out for us Sweetie, but not the news we were hoping for, eh?

I wish him a speedy recovery.

Thank you Sweetie.

Sending healing thoughts and positive energy for a good recovery to Ffosse.

Thank you for doing that Sweetie, a relief to know why he can’t post. Do hope he recovers soon.