I've had my chest x-ray

Thanks Jazzi, well somebody had to! :cry:

I appreciate you trying, as we are all desperate to know how he is.

I think you should all step back and just waitā€¦itā€™s true we might not hear what has become of Ffosse but thatā€™s the reality of forumsā€¦if Ffosse or the family want to keep people here informed they will but trying to force that to happen could be viewed as an invasion of their privacy.

I know itā€™s hard but itā€™s how it is with online friendshipsā€¦chin up everyoneā€¦letā€™s just wait and hope for the best.

I agree Summer. We will only know more if he, or his relatives, choose to tell usā€¦ and if there is bad news they may not wish to do so.:frowning:

Totally agree, Summer.
People mean well, but what if others want to keep family news private?

After all, his sister probably doesnā€™t know us from Adam, so why would she contact a forum?
I say leave it alone now.

If her brother asked her to I think she would.

This forum and the people on it seemed to mean a lot to Ffosse. I think he may have asked his sister to contact us.

Itā€™s happened on other forums that Iā€™ve been on.

Anyway I agree - we can do no more.

Carol, I am shocked at your action. If you care so much, why didnā€™t you visit the hospital instead of telling lies.
They have probably told Ffosse his cousin has rung and he will be wondering who on earth it is?

Well thanks for that Artā€¦ Youā€™ve never liked me since I reported you for making an obscene post.

I have no idea which hospital he was in. All I had given me was a phone number. I did it on behalf of the forum member who wanted to know.

The nurse I spoke to sounded Scottish and she took some understanding on the phone. I was beginning to wish I hadnā€™t bothered.

As for telling him his cousin has rung - I hope they do.
It will mean heā€™s alive.

I agree with Summer. The internet must be the last thing on Ffosseā€™s familyā€™s mind right now. We just have to accept that we may never find out what has happened.

Okay okay stop it. The last thing Ffosse would want is bickering in his thread, even at this stage. This is precisely why I didnā€™t want to ring the hospital or try to get in touch with his sister, although I do agree that Carol did her best. Art - she is concerned like all of us and you are out of order calling her a liar!
Enough.

What about if his sister is finding it all incredibly hard to deal with? She may have personal effects and finances (or a funeral?) to sort out.

We have no idea and itā€™s worrying and frustating, yes but we can do nothing here now except keep looking in occasionally and hoping that maybe Ffosse will post again one day. Letā€™s hope so.

Exactly.

I agree.

Carol, What? I didnā€™t even know you had ever reported me and l canā€™t even remember the post you refer to?
Me dislike you? That is NOT true. If l disliked you, l would give you a wide berth but l always support your threads.

I am not sure why, who ever gave you the number, wasnā€™t able to ring themselves. If you all truly cared, you would be going to visit Ffosse in hospital.

This is what l dislike about these sort of threads, where some members cherry-pick which sick person they want to know about, yet ignore other sick members.

Oh dear. I am just reading this.
I donā€™t know what to say.
I have always been very close to Ffosse.
Please let us have some respect.

Exactly.

Unless somebody lived in Edinburgh, it is unlikely that anyone would be able to go to the hospitalā€¦ and even if they did they may not let you see him if he is still in intensive care!

Having lost Aysa & Nom this year, I understand why so many people are worried, but we need to remain patient and hope that he, or one of his family are able to let us know, in time.

You took the words right out of my mouth summer :023:

I donā€™t know how to say this but I have just received an email from Ffosseā€™s sister, Anne saying that Richard sadly passed away on Friday 10th May.

Of course Iā€™m struggling here a bit at work as I saw the message the minute I began my shift.

I will copy Anneā€™s email as soon as I get a break during the night.

Our thoughts to Anne.
R.I.P Richard (Ffosse). You were a great bloke and a wonderful person on the forum.

Iā€™m breaking down here. Iā€™ll be back later.

Oh dear, that is sad news :frowning:

That was very kind of Ffosseā€™s sister Anne to contact you Floydy, if you are in touch with her, please pass on the forumā€™s condolences to her.

Ffosse is now at peace after his struggle through life.

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=61352