It's amazing what you find in tins!

Zombies are big meat eaters so they might give you a miss, apparently they are quite picky

1 Like

Good!
I’m relieved to hear they won’t be coming after my Smash ‘n Beans Supper!
:wink: :joy:

It will be far too windy for them I suspect😀

1 Like

Never heard of canned mashed potatoes. I did a quick search to find them and didn’t see any, so I guess I won’t be finding out what they taste like. I can live with that.

2 Likes

There is an I in tins

I couldn’t find any either … :090:

1 Like

I found creamed possum, but no mashed potato.

1 Like

My guess is that the piccie looked like a tin, but was a packet of powdered potato mash.

Oh no…poor Mr Possum :frowning:

No - Pauline found them as well!

1 Like

Ok. I can’t find them online either, but presumably this is due to typing in the wrong thing to search for.

Can you post a link?

Bought two tins of mushy peas in case Mr M can’t make it through the snow drifts to the chip shop one Friday .

1 Like

Never come across tinned mash before. And if I ever did, it would be staying firmly on the supermarket shelf. Back in the good old days, before everything was flown all around the world and available anywhere 12 months a year, when new potatoes only appeared once a year in the shops - you know, when they were ‘new’, my mother would buy a couple of tins of new potatoes at Christmas as a luxury treat to have with Christmas dinner. We loved them, such a special treat! Then with the impending food shortages as Brexit approached, I did what many others did, and started stocking up on tinned food. Bought a couple of large tins of potatoes. OMG they were disgusting, why did we ever think they were a treat?

1 Like

Fresh is best!

1 Like

Ideal for those who go camping.

I thought this was one of Bruce’s posts and had to do a double take!

Perhaps it was this? It looks like a tin but it’s powder inside. For those interested you can buy these at Waitrose. Although why anyone would want to buy a can of smash is beyond me. Smash wasn’t very good the first time around (do you remember those robots in the advert?), but perhaps it’s useful to have some for emergencies?

Loved the robots:

:rofl:

2 Likes

No - it was a tin - I can read!! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

1 Like

So, not a tin robot ?:grin::rofl::rofl:

1 Like