Its all about the Coffee!

Is ‘flat white’ the posh name for instant coffee with milk, then?

1 Like

That’s the posh version. Some of us say ‘FARTING ABOUT’.

1 Like

Yes, yes it is. Do you think its posh? I just go in and ask for a white coffee. Don’t care if its flat, fat or frothy!

Farting about is when you look busy but don;t actually achieve anything. Faffing about is when you are actually busy, doing very important things* that other people seem to place little importance on…like elaborately making coffee!

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn’t sure because farting about is just about the only thing I do.

1 Like

Home made latte, the coffee brewed in one of these :

Hot milk frothed in one of these :

1 Like

How does it work, Annie, what’s inside?

1 Like

milk and coffee

1 Like

No, Annie. I just meant the jug you make the coffee in. How does that work, has it got a filter inside or something?

1 Like

If you mean the percolator, you put water in the bottom compartment, then fresh ground coffee in the perforated stainless steel perforated coffee basket filter thing that slots into the bottom section. Then you screw the top half on and bung it on the stove. It’s the most fabulous human invention ever and I haven’t quite worked out why people buy fancy coffee machines. The boiling of the water squirts up through the filter thing into the top compartment where it remains as perfectly brewed coffee. It’s like a coffee volcano - yum!

1 Like

I’m not big on coffee and convenience is just as important as taste to me.Tesco used to have Douwe Egberts one cup filter things which suited me.

2 Likes

Oh, so it’s a percolator. I thought it was just some sort of filter jug. You don’t seem to see percolators these days, although I suppose you must see yours quite often.

Sorry about the dumb question.
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

This is a funny shaped one but yes it’s a traditional percolator. But the real piece de resistance is the bodum milk frother. You just pour hot milk in and then pump it up for lovely hot frothy milk. People waste a fortune on cappucino makers. This takes two seconds and can be washed in a dishwasher.

1 Like

I don’t have milk in coffee, so it was just the percolator I was interested in. I’ve just found something very similar on Amazon, but it’s described as an espresso maker. Espresso is very strong, does the percolator make coffee to whatever strength you want?

1 Like

Well it’s usually espresso type strength but as there isn’t that much of it you can dilute with hot water if you like it “neat”,

1 Like

Thanks, Annie. I thought of something else to ask, but then I thought I’d better not. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

No, no it isn’t. Flat White is a newish name given to proper coffee with warm milk added, no froth. The name comes from down under allegedly.

1 Like

Oh thanks for that D00d, I didn’t know :+1:

d00d how do you insert those two names and pics you have on your last posting here - I am supposed to be doing same but can’t figure it out?

Gumbud, are you trying to quote? If so, just highlight the words and an orange quote button comes up. Click that and it comes up automatically in the reply box.