Its all about the Coffee!

Espresso is far to strong for me. Once, when out with my Daughter & my Mother I ordered one by mistake in an independent & posh coffee house, I meant to order cappuccino, my face must had said it all when it arrived & my Family thought it hilariously funny. I did drink it, but never again. :grinning:

2 Likes

Paulineā€¦give Nestle Azera Latte a try. :smiley:

Nestle Latte

1 Like

I tired espresso once. Made my heart pound (and not in a good way!) Far too much caffeine for me Iā€™m afraid :frowning:

2 Likes

Black no sugar.

2 Likes

Yes, not a drink to choose if youā€™re thirsty, but I do like the strong taste.

2 Likes

Eeeeeā€¦Iā€™m not brave enough for pure coffee Iā€™m afraid! :smiley:

1 Like

Bit like Guinness an acquired taste.

2 Likes

This is the stuff, from Lidl, good price, do in a plunger thing

and I little milk, no sugar.

3 Likes

I like that but in the instant form.

2 Likes

I love coffee preferably from Kenya/Rwanda/Ethiopia which is mild, not at all bitter and slightly acidic.
I donā€™t like instant coffee in fact it is a misrepresentation to call it coffee.
Forget all the expensive coffee machines all you need is some unbleached filters and a cone to make the perfect cup of coffee.
I also have an enamel coffee pot for making larger amounts which stays on on the cooker .

filter cone

Coffee pot

3 Likes

My favourite method:

:coffee:

2 Likes

Freshly ground coffee every time using my bean to cup machine - level 5 dark roasted beans and machine set to double espresso setting. Always drunk black.

Canā€™t do with the new poncey coffee names you see in cafĆ©s and the like. Americano - an espresso topped up with hot water
Macchiato - an espresso with a hint of milk
Latte - an espresso with milk and a stencil on top :wink:
Cappuccino - as above, but with milk thickened by steam and poured on top of coffee.

3 Likes

My Vanilla Macchiato barely tastes of coffee?? Its all milk with a touch of coffee. Thatā€™s Nestle for you though. I like their Amercianoā€¦its level 3 and just strong enough for me.

Blimey - no wonder you are up half the night poking around in LTP! :rofl:

Usually just black, made in one of those plunger jug things.

1 Like

See, I donā€™t have one of them. I might have to get one now - its been mentioned a lot. :thinking: Iā€™m clearly missing out on the coffee making steps!

1 Like

Itā€™s the simplest way of making proper coffee if you donā€™t want to be messing about with machines, which I donā€™t.

1 Like

So you put the coffee in, then hot water and squash? :open_mouth:

If you donā€™t want any mess and prefer minimal cleaning then the pour-over method is best ā€¦ :+1:

1 Like

Stir the coffee first, then let it rest for a few minutes before plunging gently.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be there in 5

1 Like