It was all in vein

I’ve been donating blood since I was 18. I’m still an active donor. I have the puncture wound to prove it…

6 Likes

Blood sucker!!!

2 Likes

It’s blood with Anti Bodies nobody wants it. no body… :sob: :sob: :sob:

2 Likes

Big hug :hugs: Di!

2 Likes

do more hugs count for the TL4… :joy:
I aiming High now I have seen Morticia at it… :+1:.

2 Likes

TL4 is the land of the Gods!

Release the Kraken

2 Likes

Oh Christ…I am a non Believer…think I will change my direction on that

1 Like

My group card has a yellow flagging diagonally across it with ANTI D in-between the two yellow lines, but although I was told to always carry it, nobody told me what the Anti D was supposed to mean. . . I lost it about 40yrs ago LOL.

1 Like

@DianneWoollie and @Minx … you are funny :rofl:

1 Like

I can only speak for Minx funny peculiar is the norm here… :innocent:
yes stage and sweeping we know… :grinning:

2 Likes

What is Anti D then Long Driver?

2 Likes

That’s just it, I don know :man_shrugging:

1 Like

You do know Anti D = Anti Di

:thinking:

1 Like

Liar!!!

1 Like

If you’re RhD negative, your blood will be checked for the antibodies (known as anti-D antibodies) that destroy RhD positive red blood cells. You may have become exposed to them during pregnancy if your baby has RhD positive blood.

are you RhD neg then?
or pregnant?

1 Like

I’m a Neg but as for pregnant … if I ever get my hands on the father, I’ll %&$!# the crap out of the barker!!! :wink::point_right::grin:

1 Like

You you you, Minx you!!

2 Likes

Some of the names people pick on forums are for a good reason then…afterall :brain:

3 Likes

The first time I donated was at work when a mobile Dracula van came to the manufactory where I worked. Thousands of people worked there so it was always a good draw.

Now for some reason I suddenly have an ear worm of Cher singing in my head.

“I gave blood in the wagon of a travelling show …”

First timers were given orange juice to drink but nowt else. I know not why. After that I was invited to give platelets, but because it involved some very expensive kit, it wasn’t economical to make it mobile, so I used to go to the Donation Centre at Bristol Southmead hospital of an afternoon when I was working an evening shift.

Earlier platelet machines meant the donor was strapped with their arms straight. Blood was drawn from one arm, processed, platelets removed, then what wasn’t needed was returned to the donor in the other arm. It must have been hell if you got an itch.

By the time I started giving platelets, technology had improved. Blood was drawn from one arm, processed, and whatever isn’t needed was returned to the same arm.
The staff brought round a basket of snacks at least once, and sometimes twice or thrice, and I took a packed lunch and had a picnic, one handed, and read a book or got online.
I always donated at least two bags-worth of platelets per sitting from my left arm, and three if my right arm was used. Something is added to the returning brew that makes your lips tingle.
You can donate platelets every month, whereas you can only donate whole blood every six months I think.
The staff were absolutely brillig, and I got to know them as a frequent flyer. I even got interviewed once for TV whilst hooked up, although I have no idea if it was ever broadcast.

1 Like

I had rebooked my appointment for this morning, and have now been successfully bled.