Is your hair its natural colour?

Not always Dianne, I’ve been to a few professional colourist way back and was very disappointed with the results, that’s why I decided to colour it myself, …I also changed my hairdresser a few months back and was thrilled with the result, it does cost a lot more, but,I can manage it for 8 weeks before it needs cutting again, my last hairdresser, after 3 weeks of her cutting it, I couldn’t manage it, so decided to change to a new hairdresser, he has restored my faith in having it coloured, he’s not a colourist, so his colleague will be doing it for me, then Ian will cut it afterwards…I’m excited ,but scared all at the same time,:open_mouth:

I think therein lies the problem Ruthio,you have a professional colour yours, plus you have streaks, out of a bottle as mine is ,the colour is “ flat” :joy:…why it’s taken ex amount of years to see that, I have no idea, maybe I was in denial,:tired_face:

2 Likes

See you’ve made me think…
When I got Married I had hair coloured from light mouse to dark blond and had streaks…just 19 years old…So habits of a life time here…and long may it continue… :blonde_woman:
yes Pauline, and even today’s over the counter dye’s have different techno’s that give you some shading,more so on the fairer colours…I mix two different colours sometimes and then a few streaks if needed…

2 Likes

You aren’t getting a Demi “ Wave” here, remember those?:open_mouth::grinning:

2 Likes

We had a phase with perms yonks ago…We use to do each others and sometimes it went well other times a frizz happened…

5 Likes

The complete thread, or just certain members? LMAO!

1 Like

You might as well start writing in ancient sanscript now. I have absolutely no idea what a demi wave is.

1 Like

Just so long as it suited the pair of you, that is all that matters and sod what anybody else thinks!

2 Likes

I am now a distinguished gray, it makes me looke quite handsome, I often find young ladies coming up to me in the street

asking if I need help crossing the road……:pleading_face:

5 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :+1:

1 Like

Those perms reminded me of the mushroom perm I got when I was too young to know better. All tight at the top and straight at the back. “It’ll loosen up” the hairdresser said. It never did, so I got it all shaved off.

2 Likes

Sounds like your wife takes great care about her appearance,regarding her hair, me too, my mum was the same, yes, i agree money well spent, especially now that I have found a great gifted hairdresser.:+1:

2 Likes

We both take a pride in our appearance when out of the house, but then that is easy for us as we have half decent pensions to be able to afford to look ace :wink::+1:

1 Like

I am sorry to frighten you and everyone…but we had no say it this act of abuse of the hair back then…That is Tabby the Cat by the way a very exotic name. :smiley:

2 Likes

Awwww … :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:!!

2 Likes

Why thank you, I need those as well… :+1:

2 Likes

As a dad to four absolutely adorable daughters (well of course they are), I find all little girls adorable too Di. I’d have been equally appreciative of a son, but alas he didn’t survive, so I content myself with my daughters and my grandchildren :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I’ve never ever coloured my hair and I’m not starting now.
I’m brown with about 30% grey and I’m happy with it.

The trouble with colouring your hair is you can’t colour your complexion and get rid of the sags and bags and wrinkles and chicken neck so you still look aged.
Some women with coloured hair, I have to say … look ridiculous. Mutton dressed as lamb.

The odd thing is I’ve always thought chaps age better than women anyway and most women seem to morph into a manly butch look.

3 Likes

I’ve never had my hair coloured either Morticia and, like you, I never will. I am very fussy about my hair and have a very good stylist who knows exactly how I like it. My hair is thick, medium brown with just a smattering of grey.

1 Like

I’m glad to have hair at my age!

4 Likes