Is your hair its natural colour?

Minx,I do to much cleaning to keep them nails looking good, they look lovely on others, but they weren’t for me.

1 Like

My shampoo, cut and blow dry last Thursday cost me £28!

I would never pay £100 :astonished:

1 Like

I was prepared to pay £200,:joy:…seriously, we all have different priorities, my hair is mine.

1 Like

Well Pauline, if you didn’t try it, you wouldn’t know. So, I’m glad you did!

I don’t do fake/false nails though. Just an overlay over my real nails.

Bonus, I don’t pay a cent for it - my insurance/investments reward/loyalty points usually covers my manicure and pedicure!

2 Likes

Lucky you Minx, :heartpulse:

1 Like

OO00oo … pedicure eh? I do like to see a well turned out pair of feet on a lady :wink::point_right::ok_hand::grin:

2 Likes

I’m having a pedicure soon,:joy::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You’re in luck! Pauline is having a pedi soon :soon: :040:

2 Likes

How did we get from hair colour to pedicures, I bet it was my fault,:rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Guilty as charged! Sorry Pauline- I went off topic :pray:

2 Likes

I don’t think of them as a luxury Pauline. Dogs have always been part of my life and are as important to me as breathing! :slightly_smiling_face:
I have only myself to please and don’t have to impress a living soul.

And another plus with animals v humans is - the dogs don’t give a fig whether I’ve had a posh haircut or not, they’d still love me if I had two heads. :slightly_smiling_face:

Anyhow, as you often say yourself - it’s your choice, just as mine is mine, and at least you are pleased with the end result.

2 Likes

No worries…I’m trying to grow my hair at the moment, it’s still short, but not as short as it has been, I think it makes us look softer in the face as we age, very short hair I think looks quite harsh…colour is also very important to me, when I coloured it with a bottle, it was too dark, took ages to lighten up, where as with Jo I get the precise colour I want,:smile:…so,win,win,:+1:

I’m interested in seeing how silver I am as it grows out, will give you an update later,:smile:

This is really good Pauline, it cost me today 10 Euros odd and says 25 Applications…used it a short time ago , its instant so the roots I have partly sprayed on so it blends in rather than just one colour.
I mostly had never used a hair salon until I moved here…
My neighbour had always done my hair and she done it mostly how I wanted it…When she moved away I did at first go to her new home but it got difficult once she had children…Then my daughter had luckily finished her hair training apprenticeship, in a first class establishment she really had that top cutting skill.
So I had been spoilt really for years and years…When I had reason to look up prices just to get some idea of costs. The variations were enormous and the same here as well. Plenty of one man business’s that are reasonable but the more services they offer then the prices go up steeply.
I have stuck with colouring my own hair and use good products that work and last on me…
I would have to pay a minimum of 130 Euros for colouring with streaks with a shampoo cut and blow dry…tried two recently and the 2nd one was 30 Euros for shampoo razor cut and blow dry…

2 Likes

You are lucky to have had a daughter, who could do a precision cut, it’s definitely a skill, also a gift I believe, i must say my own colour was more or less the same as JO did, but, it was dark when first applied, then had to wait ages for it to lighten, …it’s great that I can get that instant colour now, there is a lot of silver mingled in with the blonde, so I’m hoping it will be easy to grow out,:grin:

1 Like

I would not think your are going to like the grey look though…think you should stay that shading you have just had done…It should last longer than you said and if you use a colour protect range of hair products it will last longer…
She was a natural and shame she could not carry on doing it really. But she does love being a carer now.
She use to moan a bit about doing older peoples hair when she was young…and now she works her magic with the older ladies…

2 Likes

No way, am l going grey gracefully!
I tint, not bleach my brown/grey roots every 3-4 weeks with Koleston tint No.9 (Very light blonde).
I am lucky that l trained as a ladies hairdresser before l went to work in local government. The prices charged in salons are shocking.
I cut my own hair too, the back is a bit tricky to do. I usually, get one of my daughters to do it under instruction!

I have never been to a nail salon, having talons doesn’t interest me at all!!

I always had long, thick dark hair. it was a lovely colour if I say so myself and girls at school used to ask me if I dyed it because it was so nice and also really shiny.

In later years I coloured it and then 3 years ago I stopped completely. It is now much finer and almost silver. My late Mum was pure white so I hope mine goes the same.

When we go to Spain and Portugal for holidays I always notice that even very old ladies in their 90s dye their hair a deep conker brown which doesn’t match their skin at all.

If you still dye your hair it has to look natural, which few people achieve. There’s a woman near me who dyes hers a purple colour and it is just awful against her skin and when the roots need doing it looks even worse. A couple of men I knew used to dye their hair black and one of them got nicknamed Elvis! They don’t anymore and look far better.

1 Like

I think there comes an “ age” when we have to embrace our natural colour, I’ve reached that age, i have also seen woman with black hair and it looks awful against their ageing skin, I have blonde streaks as well as silver ones and I’m well happy with the results, and that’s all that matters ,as long as I’m happy, my son didn’t even notice the colour change, which is a compliment, because he sure noticed when I went honey blonde a few years back, he didn’t like it.

I am actually loving the grey/ silver ,blonde look,I’m determined to grow my natural colour out,:smiley:

Ha ha after reading this thread i put a non permanent colour on my hair this morning. It is Age Perfect by L’Oreal and is called golden glow. It just gives a hint of gold to grey hair. Thought it would be nice for the festive season. It says it washes out in 2-12 washes. My OH says it looks very nice.