Is it me or do others feel the same

I agree, problem is it can easily turn nasty and often did. :eyes:

4 Likes

My journey was as usual very peaceful to the shops earlier

The last one is the new fast railway from Paris to …will end up in Spain…
Evening all… :innocent:055
Going on from what people are talking about …there are a few thread ideas I can put forward from other Forums that can work in various ways but meant as light heart mainly… …
People obviously will compare the old with the new forum… in time hoping some of the lost members will pluck up the courage and post here again…that would be good for sure…
Today I Learnt…
Men is there Something Wrong with them?
Women is there Something Wrong with them?
Irrational and not so irrational Annoyances Thread
They are the kind of threads that can go quiet and bring up to life again…
See what you think or some other suggestions…Nothing wrong with debates if they stay as debates… :thinking:

2 Likes

I must say I’m finding it difficult to keep my humour at bay…:joy:

Or should I say I think it’s got up and left,:joy::sweat_smile::joy:…problem with humour is…everyone’s is different, my humour seems to upset a few…so it’s locked in its kennel at the moment…,biting at the bit…

How can that be…I just said it got up and left…:joy::open_mouth::open_mouth:

1 Like

Your photos are lovely Dianne.
Looks like fun.

1 Like

So lovely Di

:butterfly:

1 Like

@ wishbone I agree, because for me at least the new site is to my liking .

3 Likes

I’ve always thought chat sites generally are more relaxed and laidback than forums … Forums lean more to discussion , which can, it is true, get heated.
Chat sites are more well, chatty … about leisure, retirement, hobbies & pastimes , lifestyle choices and consumer issues.
At least I’ve always understood that to be the case.

1 Like

Over50sChat/ Forum.

Do you think so ?

Yes it did turn nasty very nasty in Religion! as well…

Yes when Scotland was on the chopping block.

2 Likes

I remember, I didn’t post in that section but did read. I stopped going there in the end.

1 Like

There is a simple solution, if I may.
In any section, Politics or otherwise, should you be enjoying a discussion which does begin to become too argumentative, there are two choices:

• if the problem seems to be caused by one particular person, put them on ‘ignore’;
  • if the discussion is becoming generally uncomfortable, leave that particular thread.
    I have done both in the past as, believe me, although I enjoy a strong argument I have my limits!

I stopped starting faith threads…:pray::innocent: about God,:pray:…I now stick with my born again site.

The right decision lass the right decision. :+1:
I point blank refuse to discuss a certain subject in politics now, and it will once again be raising it’s head shortly I fear. :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Thanks JBR, I know and you know what subject I mean. I went to hell last time thanks to certain people and I won’t be letting it happen again. If I can block the whole subject I will. :confused:

1 Like

You must know the rules have now changed, all of our behaviour will be noted…:+1::+1::+1:

It won’t stop them I fear, it’s just too much of a biggie. I may even go on an extended break to keep my sanity intact. :eyes:

1 Like

That’s true, but I am a great believer in free speech.
If you don’t like a particular subject, just avoid it…
but allow others to participate.
Then everyone’s happy.

@Rox @JBR Not absolutely sure about this but I believe you can block a thread or a whole subject. I no longer have any interest in Word Puzzles etc. so I blocked that subject, not exactly sure how I did that other than Azz gave me the necessary information. I did it by ‘Muting’ that thread / subject (Just For Fun!) which did work OK. Perhaps post #2 on the link to the thread below might be of use, the ‘Mute’ option is shown:

https://forum.over50schat.com/t/can-you-unsubscribe-from-a-thread/80346/2
:grinning:

2 Likes