Is it me or do others feel the same

I find I am spending more time on OFC than I did on OFF and I am finding the place more friendly…more easy going is it me or do other members feel differently?

8 Likes

It has always been friendly .
I spend more time because I find it takes me more time to find anything :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I don’t dispute it’s always been friendly I said it’s more friendly.

Possibly because the Politics/Gov’s threads haven’t got off the ground yet?..Give it time :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Honestly…imo, this site is much more friendlier…as the rules have changed…for the better!!!.

I’m spending more time here as well…it feels much safer over here.

1 Like

@wishbone Yes it has been more peaceful of late WB! I think the it’s because the more
argumentative members are holding back a bit up to now in the OFC ??
I also find that things take longer to find and operate just like Muddy ??
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

Do you think that your “argumentative members” are really holding back, or is it maybe just because there’s not much going on in the potentially “Controversial” world to discuss @Donkeyman ?
Or is it perhaps that these “argumentative members” are now thinking twice before trying their old tricks of trying to provoke disagreement after reading Azz’s plans for moderation, or is it even possibly a mix of all the reasons?

I ask because after an initial few contretemps in this new forum I’m not seeing myself deliberately baited recently, and I’ve noticed that others who have historically been the target of attempts to provoke disagreement have been allowed to post without arguments arising too.

Long may it remain peaceful although I’m pretty sure that sooner or later we will see an attempt to provoke disagreement, but now in it’s new home it looks likely that such attempts will quickly be resolved.

5 Likes

I am always peaceful & don’t do arguments. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I like a quiet & calm time where ever I go.

4 Likes

What is the OFC?

1 Like

Over 50’s Chat.
:wink:
It’s the name of this place since the upgrade.

2 Likes

Over 50’s Chat
sorry Zaphod typed at the same time as you

2 Likes

Silly me…:frowning:

1 Like

Not at all, we’re just so used to calling it OFF.
:smiley:

Great minds and all that.
:grin:

1 Like

Yes, I have found that. In some ways I think that’s a good thing, but in other ways I miss the more ‘argumentative’ discussions we used to have, especially when they were interspersed with humour.
Of course, it is important to avoid becoming personal and offensive, but when some of us who know each other from the past have had such ‘lively’ discussions we have managed to do so without incurring warnings or suspensions simply because we know how far to go!

1 Like

It looks very different but it’s the same, no more or less friendly.

Actually it’s worse because we lost members along the way.

Hey there will be more/new members. I do wonder if that’s the reason for the change: to accommodate more people

:102:.

Totally agree could be some people are still pottering around in the dark looking for a light switch in my head to find how to do things but I think mostly people have had poor experiences after fallouts and of course maybe elsewhere and find the line is not worth crossing. There are also loads of really very fair minded people here who know to step back away or in when needed…Love ya all. :hugs:

2 Likes

I don’t miss the arguments at all, I hated them so much that I seldom posted in the Politics Section, I used to post there often when I first came to the forum. But It will start again I think, and I have a good idea when that will be too. :roll_eyes: :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

I’ve always stayed out of politics threads including previous forums. The politics threads on those forums have been full of vitriol. Causes too many problems.

7 Likes

There is time for peace is when we are dead meanwhile lets discuss topic affairs robustly but civilly too much fluff softens the brain !

1 Like

Nothing wrong with preferring :peace_symbol: peace :v:

6 Likes