Is it me or do others feel the same

I like the like buttons.If you like something you can just press like and not have to reply that you like something.I like that.

3 Likes

There should be a I like a like button too.

2 Likes

Sub-like a like? :thinking: could work

2 Likes

@Psmith
What’s not to like? :biking_man:

1 Like

Or why not a ‘dislike’ button if we disagree with something? :rage:

That could cause bother if folk take the hump with their posts being disliked. But I know where your coming from.

2 Likes

Just my little joke!

1 Like

Why not use a smiley? One of these would suffice I would have thought, it’s instantly recognisable by most people as to what it means.
:-1:

Surely that is down to the poster to deal with, it’s hardly the reader’s problem I wouldn’t have thought.
You can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time! :grinning:

You Are Funny Smiley

Oh, I’d prefer a ‘two-fingered salute’ if they had one. All you see these days is that American ‘one-fingered’ version.
It’s bad enough that they mess up our language without trying to take over our traditional V-sign which I have used since being a very young child.

Our local community site has the Like word under posts. You can click or just point at it and these smileys pop up …

1 Like

A good idea that is, allows varying degrees of ‘expression’, perhaps one for Azz in the future? :thinking: :grinning:

3 Likes

I couldn’t find one of those in my Smiley box JBR, sorry about that.
I am sure most people will know just what you mean though. :grinning:

1 Like

We have quite a few emojis on another site I belong to, they can and do cause a lot of tension, one says stop fighting, oy vey, .?, I won’t go into the others, seriously some of the members end up arguing over the emoji a member has given them, it’s like being at school sometimes.

I have been known to give quite a few of these…??..because I haven’t a clue what they are talking about, I get into trouble for doing that.

I usually get, well, if you don’t understand how can I explain it to you?..

Go back and read,reread, what you don’t understand…:nerd_face::nerd_face: then you may understand it…

1 Like

Im still trying to find the emojis on this new site. The odd one or two ive used come from my tablet or phone

Please tell me how to find them

1 Like

I can’t find them either Susan,I use the ones on my iPad, sorry I couldn’t help.

When you make a post, click on the little smiley face on the post and scroll down in the box provided Sue

3 Likes

:100: like this ?

Yay :wave:

4 Likes

I find the complete new set up utterly frustrating. I still cant start a new thread and as for suggesting an old film, absolutely no chance. All I wanted to do was set up the film below and its impossible.
Night of the Demon (1957) - video Dailymotion

1 Like

Is this the one?

@LongDriver That should be easy enough, go to YouTube find and start the video playing and copy the URL, then back to OFC where I believe you have to be in the Category you wish the thread to be in (?TV & Film). Click on ‘+ New Thread’, type in the Title for the thread you wish to use, choose a suitable Category and then a Tag or create a new one, go to the main window and type in your own text as to what it’s about or your views on it etc. Paste in what you copied from the URL, click on Create Thread and that is it done. I would do that for you to show how it should be but I believe the Rules prevent that.

Should you get the Tag wrong then it will be put right by one of our Mods / Helpers or whatever they are called now. Hope this is of some help.
:grinning:

Edited to add:
You don’t have to be in the Category in which you wish your thread to be shown. I have just checked and you can start a new thread from wherever you see ‘+ New Thread’ in the solid orange box.
:grinning:

2 Likes