Is Amazon Prime worth the money?

how come you don’t pay TV license J?

Because I don’t support the politically biased BBC who choose to rip off poor pensioners to pay people like Lineker and their directors many thousands per month.

You do know that you are not obliged to pay the TV licence if you don’t watch any live TV or BBC iPlayer. More and more people are beginning to realise this fact, though the BBC don’t like people to know about it. No licence needed for radio now either.

2 Likes

I think it’s definitely worth £80 a year. I order loads of stuff from them, so I’ve probably recouped the cost in deliveries alone. Which leaves Prime TV a bonus, and to be honest I find a lot of stuff on there worth watching, though I do admit Netflix is streets ahead. The other benefits are a cheaper rate for Amazon music on my Echo devices, a free Kindle book once a month (about 6 books to choose from), and the Kindle library to borrow books from, which I have done on occasion. Also you get unlimited photo storage, which so far I’ve not bothered using, though I think I should as my iCloud is nearly full!

ETA: Oh and I forgot: there’s also ‘Try before you buy’ in clothes and shoes department. I’ve never used this but my daughter has. So handy to order something and try it on, then send it back if it doesn’t fit or you just don’t like it, with no money ever changing hands!

And no, I’m not on commission :joy:

1 Like

No. Not for me.
I hardly ever order anything from Amazon and on the rare occasions I do, they always offer me a month’s free trial of Prime, which I accept, then remember to cancel it as soon as my order has been delivered free of charge, so I have never paid any Prime subscriptions but always got next day delivery.

Well the only thing I’d like to be able to stream right now is the Morning show but that’s exclusively on Apple tv. Forget it. How many tv streaming services do people need? I mean there is life outside binge watching.

1 Like

No I don’t buy enough off amazon

I haven’t gotten anything off Amazon yet. I was considering getting Amazon Prime more when Whole Foods delivery was free, but now it’s $10 delivery with Amazon Prime. Most places don’t charge both delivery and subscription.

If there’s something I really want, I might try it out for a month. I think there’s a free month trial last I looked.

I order from Amazon too…and I’ve watched some of the stuff on there and I agree there is some rubbish but its worth it for us with free delivery

1 Like

ETA, their rugby coverage last Autumn was worth the price imo.

1 Like

Yep, me too… :+1: We buy from Amazon quite a lot and the returns are also free, plus there are loads of books and films on the TV app, so well worth it for us…

1 Like

without doubt :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I see amazon have now taken to forcing a prime trial when you checkout even if you say earlier that you don’t want one… so annoying.

Just coincidentally, I learned that Amazon Fresh has free delivery with a Prime membership. I was looking for something, happened to see it on Amazon, and it led me to Amazon Fresh. In my area, there’s both Whole Foods and Amazon Fresh. I think Amazon Fresh might be new, at least to my area. I’ll have to check it out.

That’s always been the case as far as I’m aware. People just forget to cancel the trial and then complain about it.

The IMDB (Internet Movie Database), has started broadcasting dozens of TV shows and films, all free. Just the occasional advert from time to time. Plenty to choose from, so I’m surfing through the choices and adding them to my playlist.

2 Likes

That’s good to know! Thanks for the heads up Judd :blush:

I didn’t see that, just ordered a lot, quite a saving on electrical goods, fused spurs, dry lining socket box’s and double sockets.

1 Like

I was going to get rid of it now that I have all I need for my trip. Upon further research Amazon has boxes I can rent on the road and receive deliveries if I need while I am on the road. Really all in all I find it a good value for what I use it for. :grinning:

1 Like

No this is something new Judd. Even though you say no thanks to prime before you hit the payment screen, they default to say that they are offering you a prime trial and giving free delivery on the final payment screen. I first noticed it yesterday so they must have just introduced it as a sneaky way to get more people subscribed to Prime.

Not sure if there is a system blip as it does it sometimes and not others and I have no idea whether it means I’m subscribed to the free trial.