Is Amazon Prime worth the money?

Do you think Prime is worth £80 per year or £7.99 per month

I do just for the next day delivery plus there a lots of films on it

3 Likes

That is all I ever use it for - and - yes, I believe it is worth it.

3 Likes

I pay £5.99p a month, it’s ok, personally I prefer Netflix.

Plus amazon charge for some of their films…I don’t believe Netflix do.

2 Likes

Yes for the delivery, I watch something occasionally on their tv offerings which makes it worthwhile, Bosch which was good imo.

1 Like

Movies are dire, deliveries are good…but I haven’t bought anything for ages so I might cancel it.

1 Like

Yes. Yearly subscription includes fast shipping plus Prime video. Good value.

2 Likes

if you seldom need amazon prime what i do is join order the product then leave prime. that way you incur no cost. At the moment with covid and Brexit goods are taking just as long with prime anyway

Yes, I love and think it’s a good bargain

I do order stuff for friends and family who haven’t got it though, and they pay me back, so they get free delivery

It would be worth it just for delivery but we do watch a few films and series

I use the free photo storage and free book and magazine downloads on Amazon Reading and Amazon First as well

And a couple of times the Morrisons food delivery

2 Likes

Amazon and Morrisons? As in order from Mo’s and Amazon deliver it?

Well, you order it through Amazon, the order goes to Morrisons, one of their colleagues pick it out and an Amazon delivery guy brings it to you in his car

I don’t know if they do it in all areas

It’s not ideal because you have to spend over £40 and it’s not Morrisons full range on there The couple of times I did it I made it up to £40 with kitchen rolls and washing powder

But it’s same day delivery and handy if you can’t get to the shops for some reason

1 Like

I joined for the films and then cancelled as could not get my head around what was free in the film department. I know people who have virgin, netflix and amazon prime. It’s a ridiculous waste of money.

They never used to do food in all areas. Haven’t checked recently. It’s patchy.

1 Like

Usually get the regular deliveries just as fast. like you say it depends on how many deliveries you have a month.

I have found it a bargain, It cost me about $50 for the year and i have more than recovered that in postage costs from the USA alone. I don’t think Amazon is a popular here as it is overseas, their prices are not that good.

Rarely watch anything on Prime TV but it is there too.

2 Likes

I just had a looksie. and it says you can get free delivery charges on Deliveroo now as well. We don’t have takeaway very much and when we do my husband picks it up but it’s something else if you use it

I predict deliveroo and similar ventures will go out of business. Just my hunch.

Personally I think Menulog, Uber Eats, Deliveroo etc are a bloody cheek. They have inserted themselves into the food chain where small businesses used to charge a small fee to deliver meals in their local area.

These companies charge the businesses they deliver for a very large percentage of the meals cost so prices inevitably must rise, it is good to see that some companies resist this invasion but too many have succumbed.

3 Likes

Yes, that’s very true. I think a lot of restaurants are fighting back with their own delivery service and website, though

Certainly our favourite Indian takeaway put an ad in last time saying please use their own website and the guy who does a very nice roast dinner delivery did the same

We don’t have take away very often but if we did I’d try to go through the restaurant directly

We pay for Amazon Prime and Netflix, but of course the two together are cheaper than the TV licence which we don’t pay.

I feel that Netflix is probably the best value as they seem to have more and sometimes better films. Prime is good, but it annoys me when you find a good film and the greedy bastards want to charge for it on top of what you’ve already paid.

Prime also includes free delivery of Amazon purchases, and we use them quite a lot. I don’t know whether deliveries are any faster for Prime, as some have said. Some are advertised as next day, others not.

1 Like

Prime is worth every penny and more but don’t tell them that. It’s saved me a fortune in delivery costs, I order a lot from Amazon

2 Likes