Inventions That Change Our Lives

Perhaps my previous post # 56 was missed but there are two links about the printing press, plenty of details to be found on those. Links also repeated below if anyone is interested that is! :wink: :slight_smile:

https://www.psprint.com/resources/pr...press/#table-2

But why would you?

Because we are proud to be British Besoekerā€¦:wink:

[CENTER]Inventions That Change Our Lives.[/CENTER]

My deceased grandmaā€™s hand pumped, self propelling, reciprocating machineā€¦Still in use todayā€¦:surprised:

Really Foxyā€¦ you have a famous inventor in your family. Pray tell, what is a hand pumped, self propelling, reciprocating machine?

Hereā€™s one that will make you fall of your chairs laughing. The Australian indigenous peopleā€¦(Not sure which nation) invented a cure for cancer. :)ā€¦When youā€™ve finished said laughter and if youā€™re interested, Iā€™ll supply details. What in twenty seven kinds of buggery does it matter who invented what?..Canā€™t you be proud of being British without having a ā€¦you know the organā€¦measuring contest about it. We have all invented useful stuff and we all benefit from it. Sheeesh. Ex: What about spray on skinā€¦for severe burnsā€¦invented in Western Australia by a British migrant surgeonā€¦( female)ā€¦Nothing like a joint effort yeah?

Humans are inherently a bit idle, and, since the mid 40s when the computer was invented, havenā€™t really bothered to invent anything, in the belief that the number cruncher will do all the work thus allowing much Faffing.:lol::lol::wink:

Maybe so but it wasnā€™t the point being made. No problem.

since the mid 40s when the computer was invented, havenā€™t really bothered to invent anything,

Read earlier posts. Plenty been invented post 1940s.

Inventions or Progressions?

The latter.

Well, thereā€™s only one way to find out whoā€™s inventions are best in invention warsā€¦

Only Magicians can invent something, everything else is rejigging what was previously there.:wink:

To show what a proud history of invention and innovation we have. Something thatā€™s been lost as our history is slowly wiped away.

Your point was lost. Never mind.

Man is a clever animal. yes as you say there had to be something invented before the others came into being as inprovements. Heck I am only too pleased to list inventions from other nations mart. Imagine how life is today had people not had the intelligence, foresite and innovative skills to bring them to reality. These were the pioneers.

the automobile~~~ Karl Benz
the electric light ~~~ Thomas Edison
the telephone ~~~ Alexander Graham Bell
Radio~~~ Guglielmo Marconi
Antibiotics~~~Alexander Fleming
the airplane ~Wright Brothers
the computer
~ Charles Babbage
rocketry~~~Robert Hutchings Goddard
television~~~ John Logie Baird
nuclear energy~~~ Enrico Fermi

Yes, they all played their part in getting us the items and technology that most of us use today. We might not be in the best of worlds because of some of it but we are where we are.

I fear that most of these inventions have set the human race back 200 years Swannie, and will eventually be our downfallā€¦:frowning:

Just beat me to it Martā€¦:wink: