Inventions That Change Our Lives

[B]#1 The Ultrasound Scanner

#2 Black Box Flight Recorder

#3 Wi-Fi.

#4 GPS Mapping

#5 Medical Nano-patches.[/B]

These and dozens more inventions have one common denominator. They were all innovated by Australian scientific R&D…

1 Like

More than any other semi-recent inventions I can think of, Wi-Fi has had the biggest impact on the worlds population.

Yes Swannie148, its amazing what Poms can achieve, wherever they decide to settle on this planet.:-):wink:

The Didgeridoo

Wine in a Box

The Electric Sheep Shearer

:smiley:

Cancer.

I think you’re right saying the internet that really has had an impact and changed most people’s lives. Makes you wonder what future inventions could have the same impact…there will be some but we might not be around to see them :frowning:

I would like a beam me up Scottie button :slight_smile:

How about a ‘beam me back Scottie’ button? Now that might be interesting! :wink: :slight_smile:

Oh yes Baz…for sure :slight_smile:

All good inventions Swannie. There are some clever people in Australia and there’s nothing wrong in wanting to point that out. Have you tried looking for British inventions that changed the World, or for inventions made by other developed countries?

Other nations invented items that were quite technical for their time and each generation builds on the knowledge of previous ones. For instance, what would have been the point of the wi-fi we have today without the Internet being invented first? Would the Internet have been possible without the previously developed electronics being there to run it?

Valves to transistors to integrated circuits to microchips …and so on. The inventions you have mentioned were made possible by these. Who knows (without research) what nationalities were involved in developing them? I mean, nobody starts from scratch do they?

Thanks to Australia for the inventions but lets not forget the knowledge and innovations developed by many nations in the World that make newer ones possible …whoever gets credited with them.

A BIG thanks from me for the Barbeque and Sheila’s.:wink:

Don’t forget, we invented cricket

And the rest of the world shows us how to play it…

All due credit to the inventors for making life so much easier…However, when do we call it a day on future inventions, because it’s progress brought on by inventions that are seeing the planet wasted and turned into a pile of waste material and big holes in the surface while excavating for exciting new materials.

The power of flight has brought us Covid19, and the motor vehicle so much pollution. Together with the credit and debit card the internet has brought us a new kind of criminal, who can sneak your money away while you sleep, or coordinate protests and wars all over the world simultaneously…

I believe it will be progress and inventions that finishes off the human race, or sets it back ten thousand years when everything runs out (especially oil) or natural catastrophe takes down the internet and other relied upon technologies…
Sorry to be balloon buster, and it probably won’t happen in our time, but happen it will…Nothing ever stays the same…

Well maybe …but that’s not technology, apart from the possibly ‘made in Australia’ cameras and scoreboard. :slight_smile:

Well how about that? The post has just arrived with an appointment for my ultrasound scan. :slight_smile:

… and don’t forget the Didgeridoo brought music to your ears.:slight_smile:

Now now OGF without progress we are back as cave dwellers. I believe we are now trying to make amends for polluting our planet over the past 150 years. Those holes in the ground these days are for greener energy sources to power our next gen vehicles and power stations. There is hope yet for the human race and our planet.

You confused with this??
“Inventions That Change Our Lives.”

Your “cancer” post.

Cancer malignant melanoma.