Introduction to Drum & Bass

Try this link @Artangel: YouTube Music or if that doesn’t work, try this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d60Fpm0ucN4 - what does it show you when you click on those?

I like Massive Attack too :smiley:

2 Likes

Does nothing for me I am afraid, drumming for me begins and ends with John Bonham rather than a couple of galahs that don’t know which way to put their hat on.

Drum solos are pretty boring, you can only get away with them live Ginger Baker was one of the best (despite being a pig of a person)

1 Like

Maybe if I was totally deaf and had to rely purely on vibrations, it might be of some value. But for anyone who is not tone deaf and has some hearing, alas …

2 Likes
2 Likes

You’ve got your genres mixed up @d00d - those are more like reggae :lol:

D&B is usually 170 BPM+ (not always but usually)

*BPM = beats per minute

I wondered why I liked them.Now I would call that dub but I don’t know ?

1 Like

D & B is very listenable … I like it … and I like lounge music for real relaxing and chilling but if I want to ‘throb’ I listen to this one.

2 Likes

but I lost count.

:crazy_face:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Subwoofers - have you got one?

Fabio and Grooverider, two of the original pioneers of drum and bass from its inception, also have been doing shows with the Outlook orchestra, very successfully, with most if not all shows sold out
There are many videos on you tube from previous performances, ranging from single tunes to whole hour sets, they will be performing again this year (2024)

The original tune from DJ SS

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Jungle dnb, from stevie hyper D, no longer with us, a genre of dnb with a heavy reggae influence that simply became known as Jungle

1 Like

Nice to see we’ve got some drum n bass heads in the place :man_dancing:

Currently loving this:

2 Likes

My time through the House party, Warehouse party, in a field in the middle of nowhere party scene was 1987 to 1991, the speed difference (bpm) between '87 and ’ 91 was already noticeable, however, still kept listening to the music as it went through drum and bass, UK garage, happy hardcore, etc etc and all the sub genres, but then i am a lover of music, and can honestly say no matter what year, what genre, what sub genre, i will and have found at least one song, tune or piece of music i like
For The Love Of Music

2 Likes

Amen to that brother. :clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

This is my preferred style but I’m the same Darren.

2 Likes

I haven’t listened to the whole hour set yet, but can tell just from one of the first tracks, Rhythm Quest - Closer To All Your Dreams, what journey you are more or less going to be taken on, and that track, original and various remixes, is still being played today on various radio stations and various clubs etc
One of very many that now come under the timeless classics from the genres of House, so much so, i , personally, have grouped them into original classics and modern classics

2 Likes