Introducing MURTAGH

Ah, so sweet, I want him!

Awwwww! I want one as well.

:-):-):slight_smile:

Murghtah is lovely Longdogs. (I would never have thought of that name). I have a cockapoo (3 years old now) and Murghtah is very much like my Ted, except Ted has a black nose and just a bit of white on his head, chin and a couple of paws. If you look in my albums there are a couple of pictures of him at 7 weeks. You are in for lots of fun and one big thing I would say is to get him used to being groomed from a very young age. Cockapoos are quite high maintenance as far as their coats are concerned and quickly get matts and tangles unless they are groomed. I use a brush called a slicker and go over Ted’s feet, legs and ears as well as his body just about every day. He is at the barber every 6-8 weeks and I seem to spend more on his hair than my own. I think Barry and his wife invested in all the hair cutting equipment and learned to do their two cockapoos themselves.

What a little treasure, dongle - Murtagh, not you. :lol:
I thought Barry would like him. :slight_smile:

In the secnd photo down he looks like he is hatching a plot, and in the fourth one he looks like he is eating someone. :smiley:

Aerolor is right about his coat clipping. I do mine every 6 - 8 weeks too, before it gets too big a chore.
The sooner you can start getting him used to the sound and feel of clippers, the easier he will accept them.

I hope he brings you both much entertainment and happiness for a very long time.

Thanks both of you for the advice (all greatly appreciated). I have already started him on the slicker brush (the first night when I was up in the middle of the night) it seemed to calm him down; Good advice about getting him used to the clippers too.

I do remember Barry saying that they had invested in the clipper set. Not sure if I would be good enough though … maybe when he is a lot bigger.

Aerolor, I will have a rummage through your albums. Thank you.

Maybe you could take him to a trusted groomer for the first few times as she should know how to get him used to it first.

It would also give you a chance to see how she styles him before you attempted it yourself?

I had to do mine, as sending 5 every few weeks would have cost far too much!

Yes Mups, luckily there is one about 50 yards up our road. I’m sure she will oblige. Our vets have said he can come in anytime for a visit if they are not too busy, just to get him used to it. They also gave me a free poo bag dispenser that clips to my belt but for now I’ll carry on using the toilet.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/1/laughing.gif

Oooh - you’re a mucky boy, dongle!

http://yoursmiles.org/msmile/quarrel/m1331.gif

I know… I need some serious training. :wink:

A gorgeous little guy !
You do realise he will expect to sleep with you every night now… ??
Bad habits start on day one !

What the heck, they all get spoilt eventually :lol:

I am in an other room at the moment, He has been on his own for about an hour and not a sound so far… fingers crossed. :slight_smile:

:023: Sleep well.

I wondered why you were around so late mate? :cool:

Hi

An adorable puppy, obviously settling in well.

Congratulations.

Gosh…adorable:)

How’d it go last night, dongle?
Did you get a bit more sleep, or did you little friend want you to stay with him?

Well done for staying with your puppy LD :slight_smile: a gradual introduction to being left alone has been shown to help prevent separation anxiety later on .

:-p:-p

Thanks to you both. He is adorable but i think he knows it. :-p