Introducing Me

Hello to you all, just a quick breakdown on the guy you see before you, I am 75 years young I do a lot of Volunteer work Mon through till Wed I bake cakes or make crumbles for a charity that I have the honour of working with now for nearly 10 years, we provide a Meals on Wheels service and do a lot of luncheon clubs also, Thur through till Sat you will find me at the canal where I do Lock keeping for the Canal and River Trust, I normally get Sun off (with good behaviour of course).
And my evening are taken up with either Woodwork I try to turn things out on my scroll saw mainly for amusement, I am no professional just a hobbyist I love my garden and have kept and shown Bantams for nearly 40 years, apart from that I don’t have a lot of spare time except at nights when I fire up my old laptop and put the world to right…lol . I hope to make new friends on here thank you for having me…
regards Robbo…

Hello Robbo :slight_smile: a very warm welcome to Over50sForum…

You sound a very busy 75 year old, good for you and I’m sure you will fit in fine here. :slight_smile:

Hello Robbo :slight_smile: welcome…

Welcome busy Robbo!
You will make friends here.
May I be one of them?

Of course I would be delighted for you to be my friend, thank you so much for your response…

Thank you Meg…

Thank you Mags, I will do my best…

Hi Robbo,

Welcome to our forum, we are all very friendly on here, so get chatting to us.

Thank you Sue (If I may)…

Hello Banty, nice to have you on board.

You certainly do keep yourself busy, good for you.

Showing and breeding bantam, I bet you have a tale or two to tell. Looking forward to hearing more from you, you come across as a lovely man. My kind of person

By the way, you are amongst friends here , I love this forum for the people on here, everyone has their own individuality but all come together in times of need. You can rely on this bunch.

Thank you LQ most kind of you to say, and yes have lots of tales to share, some being tongue in cheek, but that’s another story…lol…

Good man!
We are of similar ages. My background is electrical engineering and I still have contact with that as a consultant. Gardening isn’t my forte - my wife does that - I do the spade work and and cut the grass.

I am reasonably practical. Built a few book cases from scratch, toy storage for the grand children, a bit or rewiring.

Hobbies? When I was getting close to retirement, I got two things - a camera and a dog. Both get me out walking.

Enough!

Hi Robbo and welcome,:slight_smile: hope you enjoy your time on here.
You certainly are a busy, busy person by what you write! :slight_smile:

Welcometo OFF Banty
my goodness you make me feel guilty for being so indolent ! :slight_smile:

Come on Muds, you mean lazy don’t ya LOL xx

Hi and welcome Robbo. Jump in and enjoy yourself. 75 years young yeah? I beat you by four years. Well it will be on the 18th :wink:

Hi Robbo
Welcome from me too :039:
Hope you stick around
We lose a lot of newbies in to the ether!!

Hello Bantyman. You sound like a chatterbox so you will fit in well here.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Nice to meet you Bantyman, I look forward to reading you…:smiley: