Introducing Gertie

I know Barry, I am trying to not to bawl, I can’t believe how attached I am to this little mite already.

Now on Friday, I’ve got Gertie going in Friday morning, and the wretched subsidence lot coming to do another monitoring in the afternoon.
It’s times like this I could do with splitting meself in half!

Tis true Nommy dear. You have me sussed. :slight_smile:

Hope it’s a good result from the scan . Good luck Gertie :hug:

What was the grading of the heart murmur ?

I don’t know any more than that yet Abbey, I shall find out more after her scan.
At least she will be in good hands there, they are a good bunch and the nurses will love her.

She’s such a cutie anyone would love her !

She is, Abbey, she’s got a heart of gold.

Bedlingtons are the only breed I always fancied having but never got .

Mups you will not be alone in hoping the scan results are good, those of us , on here, will be wishing it is all fine. I know how much you care for your dogs so, if it means she needs a little extra care, she couldn’t have a better mum than you:-) Please let us know how she is as soon as you can.

Thank you Twink - luv ya. x

It may also help to know that I had a cat with a heart murmur for years:-)

I am sorry to hear this Mups, but didn’t the breeder have her vet checked before she went over to you. It is routine for pups to be vet checked before they go to their new homes - both for the sake of the buyer and the seller and the vet would have checked the heart before the sale. I know you want to keep her, but I think you must let the breeder know so they can do something about helping you out.
I know I am sure about what I am saying as my daughter bought a pup this week-end ( a cockerpoo :slight_smile: ) He was vet checked, but went to her own vet on Monday for a further check and first inoculation.
I hope it proves not to be a serious condition for Gerty and that things work out for you both.

Hi Aerolor, now you mention this, I forgot to ask about the check up. However I have asked her now, and am waiting for the reply. I have notified the breeder and am waiting for her response.
Unfortunately, it is not compulsory for a litter to be ‘vet checked’, but I’ll see what she says anyway. Thank you.

Oh gosh. I’m sure that’s not the news expected from the vet visit.
Must’ve been a bit of a shocker for you.
Along with everybody else, I hope the scan shows good results.
For both you and Gertie.
I know it’s hard waiting for tests/results etc. But hang in there.
All will be well.

Sorry it’s a bit blurry, but look at this little picture of innocence :slight_smile:

http://www.over50sforum.com/picture.php?albumid=536&pictureid=8562

My daughter is a vet and has hardly ever been asked to vet check a litter of pups . It’s easy enough for anyone to say a litter is vet checked but are they really ?

Mups she looks so sweet! All I will say is prepare for the worst and hope for the best on Friday.:hug:

Good point, Abbey.

She does, don’t she Twink. A little beauty.
I am trying not to be pessimistic, but what will be will be.

Lovely pic of Gertcha, hope its a good result on Friday for the wee morsel.

Thanks Nom.