Introducing Gertie

I am going to tell you something, then run away quick before I get shouted at.

After taking Megan back last week, the house quickly resumed to normal. Then I had a phone call to tell me about 2 Bedlington sisters looking for a home.
I wanted to go and see them, but was also v-e-r-y wary of a making the same mistake all over again.
Then I also discovered they were ‘livers’ (brown Beddies), which I have wanted for years.
I was in such a quandry, so discussed it with a friend. I was terrified of a repeat performance with my other dogs again.
Myfriend said she believes some things are meant to be. If it had worked out with Megan, I would never have known about this liver girl. This was to be my last dog now because of my age, and I admit I would have absolutely loved to be able to finally find my brown Beddie to finish off my dog keeping years.

So what did I do? We went to look at them and . . . . . love at first sight. She seemed the complete opposite of Megan in every way. Completely quiet, calm, very placid, not ‘in your face’ and very, very gentle, whereas Megan was so hyper, noisy, and non-stop.

Well, I took a chance and have brought her home.
Within minutes, my Izzy was sniffing and licking her, Nellie came bounding across and tried to make her play, and the other two watched nearby. I couldn’t believe the brilliant reaction, so different to how they were with Megan.

I am taking her for a check up tomorrow, just to make sure she is alright, because she is the quietest puppy I have ever known. She even sleeps all through the night!!!
She is a little angel and I adore her already.

So there you go. I’d like you to meet ‘Gertie’, she is 9 weeks old.

http://www.over50sforum.com/picture.php?albumid=536&pictureid=8553

1 Like

I’m so pleased for you Mups, Gertie looks a lovely girl.

The fact that your others dogs have shown interest in her straight away must put your mind at rest and I have a feeling little Gertie is going to slot in with your gang just perfectly. :smiley:

Glad you got Gertie . I’m sure she will fit in just fine . I love brown Bedlingtons . :smiley:

Hi

Adorable puppy.

Now please stop posting, I am getting withdrawal symptoms about being dogless and I can’t have one until Christmas.:cry:

I was going to be getting a beagle, but looking more and more like a Bedlington now.:slight_smile:

:023: well done Mups :slight_smile:

Fantastic Mups, absolutely elated for you… :smiley:

Hello Gertie. :039:

So that’s what Megan was trying to tell you Mups … but did you listen to her? :018:

She knew Gertie was coming for you, but you just didn’t listen did ya…I don’t know…just cos she was a cocker poo you had no idea what the hec she was saying :smiley:

Gertie looks absolutely gorgeous!

(But I’m not sure I will ever speak to you again, you know I can’t afford to have a dog … :089:)

Awww! She’s a sweetheart.
Congratulations on your new family member.
Now we just need more pictures please!
Enjoy your little girl!

Gertie is beautiful Mups. I hope everything continues to go really well for you, your other dogs and Gertie.

You’ve done the right thing Mups.
Not easy … but you have to consider the happiness of all your furry critters and do what is best for all of you.

She looks a real cutie. I love her. :slight_smile: Hope to see more photos of her as she grows.

Lovely heartwarming story Mups. Good for you. She looks a little beauty.

Very sweet Mups :slight_smile:

Brown dog 2, the saga continues.

Oh Nom, don’t get jealous she loves you too.:hug:
Mups, I am not going to shout at you and things are sounding good… but please don’t get too attached until you are sure that Gertie will be accepted by all of the others. I never worry about your dogs, because they are so well cared for, but I do worry about you if things go wrong…BTW Gertie is very sweet:-D

Gertie is stunning, Mups, I hope all goes well this time !

Better behave Gertie.

Oh pipe down Nommy, you’re not going to make me feel bad about having Gertie, she is beautiful and has settled more in 2 days than Megan did in 2 weeks. Don’t worry, if anything happens to me, I have left them all to you in my will, so I know they will be cared for.:slight_smile:

So now we know where you were when you went missing, how are the other terrorists getting on with brown dog 2 ?

PS not to make you feel guilty, but how could you split the sisters up :090: :089: :022: Poor wee pup home alone.

The other dogs are soooooo much better thank you Nom, they just didn’t want Megan around at all, but they are pretty good with Gertie. Strange isn’t it. I think it was because she came in all guns blazing and too in their face, and I know her constant noise upset them too.
This one is the opposite and very calm, quiet and respectful to her elders, so I guess they think that’s how it should be, and they are much more relaxed with her.

However, I have just this minute come back from her first veterinary check up and it’s not good news. She has a heart murmur. At the moment they don’t know the cause. It can be just a juvenile thing she will grow out of, or it could be a structural problem and they can’t tell without scanning her. So I had to make a decision. :frowning:

1. Return her to her breeder.
  2. Wait and see if it gets better/worse.
  3. Get the scan done so I know what I’m dealing with.

I decided I would rather know the truth and learn, rather than sit and worry about her for the next few months.
I love this little dog already, warts and all, so she isn’t going back to the breeder.

She is booked in for her scan this Friday morning. They won’t anaesthetise her, just shave her little chest.
Keep her in your thoughts on Friday if you can please.

Crikey Mups, nobody should have that sort of news with a new pup, the poor little mite. Here’s wishing little Gertie all the good luck that she might need for Friday… :wink: