Interesting paintings

Haha. They are. :rofl::joy:
This will have me laughing all day now. Lol

The Fight Between Carnival and Lent, painted by Bruegel, is interesting, or at least there is plenty to look at in it.

I can’t post a picture of it because I, as a “new member”, am not allowed to post images. Perhaps a more long standing member who has gained enough trust on the forum to be deemed responsible enough to post images could do it for me.

1 Like

Here you go Harbal
Is this the one?

3 Likes

It’s a very ‘busy’ painting which I am now going to check out since it’s piqued my interest!!! Expect questions shortly!

Yes it is, Bratti, thank you very much. :hugs:

2 Likes

You are most welcome. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
It IS interesting.

2 Likes

I think it is about the conflict between hedonism and piety, but beyond that I don’t know much about it.

2 Likes

I find them interesting too, but not “spooky”, but that’s probably because I don’t know a lot about art. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I don’t know much about Art either. I paint myself but don’t know much about various artists. The paintings most certainly ARE interesting though and since that’s what the threads about I thought they were appropriate.

High level, yes. You’re right. I watched a YouTube video, very interesting!

2 Likes

They are intriguing

Fascinating explanation of the painting @Minx. I never knew that about the origin of the word ‘carnival’! (I was slightly irritated, though, with his mispronunciation of the word ‘mischievously’ as ‘mischiev-i-ously’ :roll_eyes:)

1 Like

That also stood out to me! Very interesting painting and explanation!
I enjoy discovering new art pieces!

1 Like

Gorgeous Bath.

His name is Oleg Shuplyak.

1 Like

Wow amazing work

1 Like

They are amazing how does someone even thinks of these much less paint them !

1 Like

Have never seen art like that before…quite amazed at those…

Oh gawd, I am still coming to terms with M C Escher and you spring this bloke on me!

2 Likes

If you want something to really twist your mind, then some by Hieronymus Bosch will take some beating.

1 Like