Interesting paintings

Bruce both those models in your pictures Alexa wilding and Elizabeth Siddall unfortunately died young ,
Life was precarious in those days Elisabeth Siddall who sat for Milais in a bath for Ophelia caught a cold ( he forgot to keep the heaters lite under the bath .)

Did one of them drown?

Turner is another favourite of mine particularly the Fighting Temeraire which portrays the end of an era and the dawn of a new age (or the sunset of the old one).

It is also the background for my main computer

My school badge:

The Captain of the Temeraire at the Battle of Trafalgar was a Cpt Harvey I believe and a benefactor of the school which originally founded by money from Sir William Harvey (discoverer of blood circulation) in 1674. The French ships named at the bottom of the badge were either captured or sank by the Temeraire. To be honest I never understood why a battle 150 years after the founding of the school was so important, it was even in the school song.

3 Likes

Forgot this one, by the same artist as the horses going up to heaven, my Dad bought me this for my 16th birthday all those years ago & I still have it. I played with it & added the frame with Befunky when it was free to use, it’s proper frame is the same as the horses in heaven one, very 60’s.

4 Likes

No but she nearly caught her death in the bath .

1 Like

My guess is, she is pregnant, Longdriver, she certainly looks it.

That looks awfully like a painting done by my art master in the 1960s at my aforementioned school

Which one Bruce?

The horses in the surf, I tried to look up his name but I only get a young Tattoo artist

1 Like

Your white horses Tiffs reminds me of the Guinness advert of a few years back .

1 Like

It’s very dramatic but not colourful enough for me :)I’ve got a print of this one:

https://www.vincentvangogh.org/arles.jsp#prettyPhoto[paintings]/51/

I’m not sure who the artist is but I find this style interesting. It’s not something I’d paint myself but it’s interesting to me.

5 Likes

They are cleverly done but I don’t think I’d want them on my wall.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Violet Skinner painted it & the horses going up to heaven, she painted a lot of horse pictures in the 1960’s. I would have loved an original. The former was a best seller print in it’s day.

Not my style, in fact I think they are creepy.

1 Like

That’s beautiful Bratti

1 Like

Thanks Minx😁
It’s different for sure.

1 Like

Lol. I guess they are somewhat but beautifully creepy :joy:

1 Like

They are well done but seriously spooky!

love those Van Goghs posted

1 Like